No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sajeshpk View Post
    Hi
    We are facing some issues with our new sequal system installed recently. Pacbio team is unable suggest loading clear loading concentration of different sized library.
    The out put varies with each run and the maximum we got till now is 3.2gb for 2 kb library.
    For the higher sized library the runs will yield 0.2-0.9gb per SMRT.We are unable to find out where the problem lies.Also after completing each run the volume of libraries pickedup from the sample well is not consistent.
    Pac bio suggestion for the loading conc is 50-60pM for any size library.

There is another suggestion from PacBio is that system and smrtlink need to be restarted every 24 days, Is it true?

Please help
    I wonder if this is about recently released chemistry and software (December release) or previous one releaed October this year.

Comment

Hi
      The reagent version is 1.2.1 and software is SMRT Link UI 3.1.1
      Change 182734 on 2016/07/07
      Sajesh

Comment

Originally posted by sajeshpk View Post
        There is another suggestion from PacBio is that system and smrtlink need to be restarted every 24 days, Is it true?

Please help
        Welcome to the (somewhat) wacky world of PacBio.

I would suggest following all recommendations from PacBio/your FAS and keeping a good log of everything to help with troubleshooting.

A brand new technology/system needs to undergo a shakedown in real user's hands and perhaps this is just part of that process.
        Last edited by GenoMax; 12-13-2016, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Further, single-molecule sequencing has lots of variables related to sample quality and sample handling. I would suggest to start with a libraries prepped from "easy and reproducible " samples like amplicons.

Comment

Thanks Friends
            Sajesh

Comment

For those who may have missed it - Roche Diagnostics pulled out of their marketing agreement with PacBio: http://www.pacb.com/press_releases/p...e-diagnostics/. In the short term this means PacBio stock is cratering. In the mid- to long-term it means PacBio will have to (or 'gets to', depending on your perspective) bring a clinical version of the Sequel to market.
              AllSeq - The Sequencing Marketplace
              [email protected]
              www.AllSeq.com

Comment

does anybody know what service price per cell will be? is somebody who already offer service on Sequel?

Comment

Here is a list of PacBio certified service providers, including those who offer services on the Sequel System: http://www.pacb.com/wp-content/uploa..._Providers.pdf

Comment

I wonder if you could post a separate list for Sequel service providers.

Comment

Originally posted by nucacidhunter View Post
                      Hi
                      Pls send the details on [email protected] are providing sequel services

Comment

Does anybody knows how much a Pac Bio run take up in Gigabytes storage?
                        For example, a NextSeq Run can take up to 1.2 Tb in storage. I need this info pleaasee! jeje Thanks

Comment

From what I've been told, really good PacBio runs produce about 10Gb of sequence data. I would expect that PacBio will produce less raw data than nanopore for the same sequence output, so I expect that you should be fine with about ten times that amount in space to store both sequence and raw data (i.e. 100GB).

Comment

Originally posted by Sandra Agueros View Post
                            Does anybody knows how much a Pac Bio run take up in Gigabytes storage?
                            For example, a NextSeq Run can take up to 1.2 Tb in storage. I need this info pleaasee! jeje Thanks
                            We just received some Sequel data and the size of the tar files was about 20G for each cell. From past experience RSII data was ~15-25G per SMRTcell (uncompressed).

Comment

Originally posted by nucacidhunter View Post
                              A bit late to the party, but you can find a list of Sequel providers on AllSeq.

--Shawn
                              --
                              Shawn Baker
                              SanDiegOmics.com

Comment

We have found Sequel output to be inconsistent and not sure if it is our machine. Just completed three SMRT cell runs with one library prepared for sequencing in bulk sequenced one after another but the output varies up to 125% ( 4.5, 2 and 3Gb output). I wonder if anyone have seen similar results.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses