Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miseq Software Versions (MCS, RTA, MSR)

Hi All,

I've been trying to find the release dates for various Miseq software versions. I've been able to find the updates for all versions of MCS and MSR after December 2012 but nothing before that. I also can't find any release dates for upgrades to RTA.

Illumina claims that the information is on their website but I can't find any information prior to December 2012 (i.e. versions BEFORE MCS 2.0.0.1, MSR 2.1.43 and RTA 1.17.28). Were there updates between MCS 1.2.3 and 2.0.0.1? Is RTA only upgraded when MCS is?

Does anybody know what versions of MCS, RTA, and MSR were available between July 2012 and December 2012?

Thanks!

All of the MiSeq software are included as a bundle of all three programs. The updates went from 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, then straight to 2.0 (along with some major hardware upgrades), followed by 2.1, 2.2, and currently 2.3.

There should be no reason why you should be running 1.x versions of MCS. They do not support any of the reagents and flow cells currently sold by Illumina, which is probably why they're not available for download online.

Comment

Thanks Kcchan!
      We have been running the latest versions of the programs but wanted to know what the older versions were to include in the methods section of a manuscript we're submitting. I appreciate your answer.
      When you say they were 'bundled' that means that MCS, RTA, and MSR were all the same version numbers? I know that recently all three software have different version numbers.

Comment

The software is distributed as a single package with each MCS update, but they do indeed each have their own version number. Technically MSR is also available as a standalone Windows program, but I'm pretty sure most people aren't using it that way since the installation is pretty tricky.

Comment

Based on my notes (and the time frame you had provided) MCS was in version 1.2.3 till mid-September 2012 when it was upgraded to MCS v.2.0.5 (on the first MiSeq we got). I do not think there were any versions between those two.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
            by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
            04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
          • seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses