Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DADA2 vs Deblur

I noticed at the qiime2 forum someone else asked the same question I have - How do these 2 compare (or perhaps contrast would be better focus?) for output other than faster speed for Deblur? The forum suggested the person ask here at seqanswers, but it doesn't seem like they followed up. Can someone tell me anything about this that would be helpful as I move forward analyzing 16s V3 region amplicons. Thanks!

Hi urchin i just finished comparing DADA2 and deblur and have concluded that DADA2 is the correct decision. We use v3v4 and DADA2 gives 3 to 4 times as much high-quality data in return as deblur.

My thought is deblur is for very short sequences because it was close to DADA2 when i chopped to 100bp like in the deblur paper : but we use the whole v3v4 for better assignment. Perhaps v3 is very short? Otherwise i would recommmend DADA2.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses