No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using small volumes of Nextera XT kit for human genome sample prep

Hi

I've seen several posts about extending the lifespan of the Nextera tagmentation kits by using a fraction (1/10ish) of the reagents. However, the only published paper talks about doing this using megabase-sized genomes. As I am doing human genome analysis, I am not sure if this will work for me. Does anybody have experience using small volume Nextera reactions with human genome tagmentation?

Thanks for your help!

Scaled down reaction will work but input will be too low for human genome and library diversity will be low resulting in high level of duplicate reads and uneven coverage. I think 1/2 reaction for human genome would be OK if sequencing will be less than 30x.

Edit: Just noticed that your post heading is incorrect. It should be Nextera not Nextera XT
    Last edited by nucacidhunter; 09-08-2016, 02:05 PM.

Comment

If you are interested in an even genome coverage of big genomes (like the human one), it would be best to use other kits and not Nextera or similar rather biased tagmentation approaches.

Comment

Originally posted by luc View Post
        If you are interested in an even genome coverage of big genomes (like the human one), it would be best to use other kits and not Nextera or similar rather biased tagmentation approaches.
        I've seen this thrown around on a few boards/blogs, but does anyone have actual data showing Nextera (+/-XT) on a mammalian genome?

Comment

Following paper:

http://genomebiology.biomedcentral.c...010-11-12-r119

It actually shows negligible bias compared to mechanical fragmentation.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
          • seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
          0 responses