No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with HTSeq installation

Hi,
    I am trying to install HTSeq-0.5.3p3 from the source package (as I failed to use available HTSeq-0.3.7 binary package with python 2.6). Downloaded into a Downloads folder and tried as advised for Windows (at http://www-huber.embl.de/users/ander...c/install.html). Ended up with cc1.exe error with options -mno-cygwin (I have both mingw and cygwin on the system, but removed cygwin later!).
    Buidling and Installation were successful without specifying the compiler (python setup.py build; python setup.py install) in the commandline shell. However, I did not detect any HTSeq packages added to site-packages folder. Below is the output on the screen.

running install
    running bdist_egg
    running egg_info
    writing HTSeq.egg-info\PKG-INFO
    writing top-level names to HTSeq.egg-info\top_level.txt
    writing dependency_links to HTSeq.egg-info\dependency_links.txt
    reading manifest file 'HTSeq.egg-info\SOURCES.txt'
    reading manifest template 'MANIFEST.in'
    no previously-included directories found matching 'example_data'
    no previously-included directories found matching 'test'
    warning: no previously-included files found matching 'todo.txt'
    writing manifest file 'HTSeq.egg-info\SOURCES.txt'
    installing library code to build\bdist.win32\egg
    running install_lib
    running build_py
    running build_ext
    building 'HTSeq._HTSeq' extension
    error: None

Do I need to transfer any files/folder manually into python?
    Thanks.

After running "python setup.py build", have you also run "python setup.py install"? The latter moves the files to were they will be found by Python.

Comment

Yes. After install command, I saw the screen telling me successful installation (and pasted the log in my last posting, setupTools installed). I did not see any files moved to Lib\site-packages. When I say,
      >>>import numpy
      >>> (successful)
      >>>import HTSeq
      Not found!
      I had earlier tried using HTSeq-0.3.7 (binary package) that was installed and HTSeq could be found in Lib\site-packages. However, import HTSeq gave me an error (numpy.pxd; numpy 1.6.1 wasn't proper?).

I retried (uninstalling Python 2.6, numpy and then, reinstalling); following the log below, still could not locate HTSeq in site-packages folder.

Could not import 'setuptools', falling back to 'distutils'.
      running install
      running build
      running build_py
      running build_ext
      building 'HTSeq._HTSeq' extension
      error: None

Yet, when I inspect HTSeq folder, nothing seem to have happened!

Binary packages seem to install o.k. However, failed to execute (numpy.pxd!). Do I really need numpy-devel? I don't see it at PyPI site.
      Thanks.
      Last edited by madhuk11; 12-07-2011, 07:21 AM.

Comment

HTSeq 0.5.3p3 binary

Is it possible to obtain a binary version of HTSeq 0.5.3p3 as available 0.3.7 does not work with numpy 1.6.1. I have been managing counting with a java code; I can not use annotation files (gff; that would make better sense) with my code; so, it is now restricted to using cDNA index for alignments. If you are willing to send it, I can give you my email id. Thanks.

Comment

I tried to install HTseq 0.5.3 source package, but Xcode is not installed on my computer, and I cannot get it installed now. Do anyone know where i can get the binary package of HTseq, which doesnot require Xcode installed?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
          • seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
          0 responses