SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Smart-seq2 sample prep questions PrimerBuffalo Sample Prep / Library Generation 3 11-19-2018 08:08 AM
DNase treatment for SMART Seq2 candida utilis Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 08-08-2017 08:37 AM
UMI in Smart-seq2 protocol PrimerBuffalo Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 05-11-2017 03:10 PM
Smart-seq2 lowest input? kobeho24 RNA Sequencing 1 06-04-2015 07:19 AM
SMART-seq2 and Nextera XT DNA sample preparation kit wacguy Sample Prep / Library Generation 9 02-09-2015 01:00 AM

Old 04-01-2019, 07:12 AM   #1
jtheorell

Default Vapor-Lock/Mineral oil for Smart-seq2 miniaturization?

Dear community,
My name is Jakob Theorell and I am currently a post doc at the University of Oxford. I have just started running Smart-seq2 for lymphocytes from different tissues, and am new to scRNAseq. Many thanks for the good comments in other threads that have taught me a lot!
I am about to miniaturize the initial parts of the sample-prep protocol, up to the PCR purification step, using a Mantis. When reading about miniaturization of other protocols, such as this one for CEL-seq2: https://protocolexchange.researchsqu.../nprot-6565/v1, I have stumbled upon the usage of Vapor-Lock from Qiagen/Mineral Oil from Sigma, which I find appealing, as evaporation can cause considerable variance, according to more experienced people.
Now to the question: has anyone used any of these reagents with smart-seq2? If no, I wonder if there is any reason not to, that I am too new to realize.
If yes, how did it go, and is there a true benefit to using the Qiagen reagent over the Sigma reagent, as is claimed by the company?
Thank you very much for your replies!
Best regards
Jakob
jtheorell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mantis, miniaturization, smart-seq2, vapor-lock