SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anyone with experience of using new RNA lib prep kit for FFPE samples on Novseq seraphin_IL Sample Prep / Library Generation 0 01-25-2019 01:02 PM
Library prep for FFPE samples /Illumina srath Illumina/Solexa 6 04-13-2018 04:31 AM
FFPE RNA library prep and capture cah RNA Sequencing 2 06-23-2015 04:54 PM
Library Prep for FFPE Sample seq-ngs Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 10-24-2014 10:48 AM
problems with 454 library prep obsidiana Sample Prep / Library Generation 6 07-28-2010 06:17 AM

Old 04-05-2019, 03:17 AM   #1
FulvioChe

Unhappy Problems with library prep from FFPE samples

Hello everyone!
I'm quite new in this world, so sorry if the question is very naive.
I'm trying to do exome sequencing from FFPE samples, but the company we are working with has some troubles on obtaining a library of good values for Illumina sequencing.
The problem is that on library amplification very often the quantity of amplified library of the right size is quite low. I'm working with quite FFPE old samples (more than 30 years) and I am worried that they can be too much degraded to be sequenced; I have tried to increase the quantity of the starting materials and to increase the purity. I have to increase more this quantity/quality?
Can I give some suggestions to the company?
The kit used to extract DNA is QIAamp DNA FFPE Tissue Kit and the kit to produce the library is Agilen SureSelect V6-Post (as the company said).
Many thanks for all the help!!
FulvioChe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:45 PM   #2
nucacidhunter
Jafar Jabbari

If a library is prepared and includes a PCR step it should sequence well regardless of input DNA quality. Following can be useful:

1- Treating input DNA with NEB FFPE repair reagents to fix some quality aspects

2- Using a high efficiency kit such as NEBNext Ultra II or Swift Accel-NGS 1S Plus DNA Library Kit. Both will produce fully adapted libraries that may not be compatible with some SureSelect capture kits.

3- Increasing input to maximum for the library prep kit or prepping several libraries and pooling for capture

FFPE libraries also have shorter inserts so sequencing length also should be decreased to max 75 paired end or single 150 cycles if possible

These will increase the cost but more likely will result in obtaining quality data.
nucacidhunter is offline   Reply With Quote