Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nextseq500 Super Wash

Ask your FAS's about the super wash protocol for NextSeqs, it is not part of the normal maintenance and I haven't seen much written on it yet. But it worked wonders on our NextSeq when we were having problems with PF and low Q30

That's interesting -- do you have any before/after specs?

We noticed a huge jump in cluster densities after the 1.3 update, but the PF and Q30 scores weren't looking so hot. Do you know what the wash protocol entails?

Comment

sorry for the late response, I used to get emails when someone answered the post. I don't have specific before and after because the several runs before the super wash were abysmal, since the wash (and since doing it again after our PFs started to slip) we expect to get > 80% PF at the 250K/mm2 with > 80 Q30

The protocol is a little complicated because you have to manually edit a config file and do a series of longish (90') washes with decreasing concentrations of bleach. We do 1.2% then 0.12% then two tween washes--takes all day. If your FAS can't help I can write out our protocol

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
      • seqadmin
        The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
        by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
        02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
      0 responses