SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
freebayes haplotype calling (phased variants) Mark Genomic Resequencing 1 03-23-2016 03:31 AM
Pipeline for obtaining phased haplotype sequences w/out references mharve9 Bioinformatics 3 06-07-2015 11:34 PM
CASIM: Variants Making use of array genotype data casim UK - Cambridge 0 04-18-2013 12:32 PM
alternate assembly litali Bioinformatics 3 10-04-2010 01:03 PM

Old 02-20-2019, 01:41 PM   #1
elmoremh

Default Programs for making diploid alternate references with phased variants

I want to make alternate references using phased variants. (Really I just want the sequences of two genes and the space between them, <10 kb). My individuals are diploid, which is why I needed to phase the variants.

However, the alternate reference programs I've found, like GATK AlternateReference, vcf2fasta, and bcftools, don't seem to take diploidy into account. They just stick in all variants and throw out one variant randomly if there are two at the same locus. And even if there was a program that did, these are not long, contiguous haplotypes so I can see how it would be difficult :\

Does anyone know of any solution to this? Anything better than imposing the variants manually? I guess I could do quick assemblies of only the reads mapped to my region but I'd be giving up the higher quality of my GATK-called variants.
elmoremh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate reference, phased variants