SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is there a tool that converts TXT, BED, GFF format to VCF? LauraSmith Bioinformatics 4 03-22-2017 01:41 AM
QUAL vs GQ in GATK kasthuri Bioinformatics 1 06-20-2012 12:01 AM
How to get list of column in vcf file using Vcf.pm? jessada Bioinformatics 0 01-20-2012 07:22 AM
VCFtools Vcf.pm problem - broken VCF header on 1000genomes data naumenko.sa Bioinformatics 1 07-08-2011 04:17 AM
fastq to csfasta and .qual samt SOLiD 15 10-29-2009 09:11 AM

Old 02-23-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
lchong

Default VCF 'QUAL' tool

I'm working on generating some quality statistics for various BAM files. One number I'd like to generate is the confidence of the base call for each base--essentially the QUAL column of the VCF format spec (http://www.1000genomes.org/wiki/Anal...mat-version-41). However, I don't want to generate an entire VCF file, just a simple tab-delimited file that shows chromosome, position, and genotype confidence score.

I've considered doing the calculation by hand, but I'd like to know if there is some existing tool/function that can accomplish this task for me. Again, I'm not interested in outputting any other data such as the actual base calls--just the confidence scores.

Thanks for your help!
lchong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #2
Richard Barker

I'm also to trying to generate a VCF (to use to generate counts per gene with some Arabidopsis RNAseq data i have) file for Arabidopsis thaliana but am not sure where to start... any advice
Richard Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:55 AM   #3
zgtmann

Hi guys,

just use GATK to generate tab from your vfc file.

MAKING TAB-DELIMITED FILE FROM VCF BY GATK

java -jar GenomeAnalysisTK.jar \
-R reference.fasta
-T VariantsToTable \
-V file.vcf \
-F CHROM -F POS -F ID -F QUAL -F AC \ % what do you want
-o results.table
zgtmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #4
aeonsim

Just remember QUAL score will be confounded by Copy Number and SVs present in your individual/population. You'll get some very high QUAL scores for sites in the genome that have higher than expected coverage as lots of reads will appear to support a Variant at that site when actually it should be multiple sites. If you are going to be working with QUAL make sure you apply a Depth of Coverage filter to discard sites with depth of Coverage greater than ~1.2x the average depth of coverage for the sample.
aeonsim is offline   Reply With Quote