No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illumina MiSeq High cluster density, but low %PF problem

Hello everyone.

Please, I need a help with my MiSeq genome sequencing run. I am sequencing M. tuberculosis genomes using Nextera XT and a 500 cycles v2 cartridge/flow cell. I always obtained aproximately 950-1050 K/mm2 and a passing filter more than 85%; However, in my last run I obtained 1063k/mm2 (i think it is ok), BUT JUST 50,3% %PF... sincerely, I dont have any idea what happened. I know with overclustering there will be a lower %PF, but in think is not my case. I s the first time i have this issue.

Thank in advance for your answers.

Hello,

take a look at the cluster pictures. If you overcluster to much, the MiSeq cannot detect all clusters correctly and reports a much smaller number.

fin swimmer

Comment

1000K/mm2 is outside limit per sepc for V2 chemistry. While it is tempting to push cluster density (trying to get additional data) the fall in data yield/quality is precipitous when you go over a certain density (like you discovered). You would want to carefully look at the data you have to make sure there are no artifacts.

Comment

Have a look at your intensities of the first 25 cycles (e.g. in the sequence analysis viewer) (which might not only be a problem for amplicon sequencing). Below a quote from a Illumina white paper:

The %PF calculations involve the application of a chastity filter to
        each cluster. Chastity is defined as the ratio of the brightest base
        intensity divided by the sum of the brightest and second brightest
        base intensities. Clusters “pass filter” if no more than 1 base call has
        a chastity value below 0.6 in the first 25 cycles.

Comment

Thanks for your answers ... I read all of it., I got surprised because at two previous runs the last year I got a cluster denstiy of 1200 and 1100k / mm2 aproximately (definetly an overclustering) but the passing filter was approx 80%. Then I recalculated my steps and I corrected that. But now, I think I did not get it too much (just 1069K/mm2), and the passing filter fell too much.

Now I am suspecting for the machine, MISeq. Because other people used to have the same, even worse, results with passing filter fell until 15%.

Now I taked a look for my intensities at the first 25 cycles (like "provirus" recomendation) and I notice some extrange: first, definetly i got overclustering; second, the "T" base shows a marked overclustering (see picture), and thats the same result for all the run. could there be a particular reason for such behavior?

For now, given the picture intensities Will it decrease my input DNA from 20 ul to 18 ul?

Thanks for your answers and time.

Comment

whats i hapennig... all my replies never come out

Comment

Originally posted by setramis View Post
              whats i hapennig... all my replies never come out
              It looks like your replies were caught in the moderation queue. I just approved them.

It appears that you did not attach any images though (if you thought you had). You can edit your post and attach them.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses