No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTF/GFF3 format and new Cufflinks

Hi all,

I have sucessfully completed an RNAseq pipeline with the old version of Cufflinks and I'm now trying to run the same data through the new versions of Tophat and Cufflinks. Namely, I'm hoping to add on all the bells and whistles of the new Cufflinks (bias correction, multi-read correct, and RABT).

My problem seems to be in implementing the RABT portion of Cufflinks. I suspect it might be a problem with the format of my GFF3 annotation. Could anyone who has successfully run the new version of Cufflinks please post a few lines of their annotation file?

Also, for researchers working on "more" complete genomes, how did you handle the completed-ness of the genome annotation vs. the increase in false-positives as was mentioned in the Roberts et al paper describing RABT?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Hi,

Check this link (http://cufflinks.cbcb.umd.edu/gff.html) if you have not. The tool gffread can help you verify if your GFF3 annotation is in the right format.

Hope this helps.

Douglas

Comment

Illumina is now hosting index and annotation files suitable for Tophat/Cufflinks for several genomes. You can get them here:

Comment

hi,newcomers ....eager to learn from you

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
          04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
        • seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses