SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Extracting Reads from a BAM/SAM file that map back to a subset of contigs ediane Bioinformatics 2 03-01-2017 01:24 PM
Remove subset of good reads to improve genome assembly NYGen De novo discovery 1 04-14-2015 02:46 PM
Running Tophat on a small subset of Reads arcolombo698 RNA Sequencing 4 12-12-2013 02:10 PM
in silico restriction digest of Illumina reads (fastq file) berthold Bioinformatics 0 03-17-2011 08:07 AM
extract subset (mapped reads) from csfasta and .qual files KevinLam SOLiD 1 01-18-2010 12:38 AM

Old 03-14-2017, 06:52 AM   #1
Jautis

Default Subset for reads ending at a digest site

Hi, I have bisulfite converted reads (mapped as a bam file) and I would like to select only the reads that start and end at a Msp1 cut site (C^CGG) based on the reference genome.

The way I would think to go about doing that is making a bed file covering CCGG motifs from the reference genome fasta file. Then, selecting reads that start at a CCGG site based on the location they map to or ending at a CCGG by the location they map to, plust the length of the read.

However, I'm not sure how to do either part of this or if there might be more efficient ways to get this set of sites. I'd appreciate any help or better ideas, thanks!

Last edited by Jautis; 03-14-2017 at 06:53 AM. Reason: typo
Jautis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bisulfite, digest site, msp1