|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Bioinformatics Software Developer||eandrade||Academic/Non-Profit Jobs||0||02-15-2012 06:22 AM|
|Senior Bioinformatics Developer||baylorrecruiter||Academic/Non-Profit Jobs||0||12-27-2011 09:20 AM|
|Java Developer||eandrade||Academic/Non-Profit Jobs||0||10-04-2011 10:16 AM|
|Bioinformatics Pipeline Developer||eandrade||Academic/Non-Profit Jobs||0||06-06-2011 08:49 AM|
|Bioinformatics Database Developer||eandrade||Academic/Non-Profit Jobs||0||06-02-2011 06:35 AM|
|06-09-2011, 10:34 AM||#1|
Location: Downtown Toronto
Join Date: Nov 2010
Position: Web Developer
Site: MaRS Centre, Toronto
Department: Informatics & Bio-computing
Reports To: Manager, Web Developer
Salary: Commensurate with level of experience
Hours: 35 Hrs/week
Status: Temporary, Full-time
The Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR) is seeking a Web Developer for the Informatics & Bio-Computing platform. The Web Developer must have ambition and passion in developing visually appealing, crisp and compelling online user interfaces.
• Deliver high-quality interactive, internationalized, accessible web site features;
• Build data exchanges between internet-facing data sources and search engines;
• Develop feature functionality within a community open source model and contribute back to the ecosystem;
• Develop scalable publishing workflows to operate within organic social networks of users;
• Support strong reuse and maintenance principles over style, script and code libraries;
• Deliver on tight-timelines; communicate to wide array of stakeholders;
• Provide technical documentation, installation guides and other material to assist users in installing, configuring and using the software or its libraries;
• Work within a team to assess user interface usability in web designs, to assess maintainability, security, scalability goals as they pertain to software requirements and quality-delivery attributes.
• Completion of a university undergraduate degree with focus on Math, Computer Science, Engineering or Life Sciences, or equivalent;
• Strong/expert ability to build web sites from designs, we are using CMS/DRUPAL, so PHP knowledge is required, however strong programming experience in JAVA/Objective-C/PERL/CGI will not be ignored;
• Strong/expert fluency over database programming and comfortable using MYSQL;
• Strong/expert fluency over web services programming and comfortable using XML (REST/SOAP) / JSON;
• Must be able to demonstrate web interface design experience on different frameworks and devices as well as to provide engineering knowledge over device limitations, security, and practices;
• Must be able to work with Linux in a terminal and provide relevant system configuration ability over LAMP;
• Must be a technically adept individual interested in life sciences, bioinformatics, cancer genomics, epigenetics/cohort Studies; some knowledge and training in these areas would be an asset;
• Must be a positive, forward-thinker with a high degree for attention to detail, creativity and collaboration;
• Experience including testing and operational aspects. Experience including collaboration such as SVN, JIRA. Please include all relevant tools, information on your CV;
• Applicants should have a demonstrated track record and provide sources of past accomplishments.
OICR is an innovative new cancer research institute located in the MaRS Centre in the Discovery District in downtown Toronto. OICR is addressing significant challenges in cancer research with multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional teams. New discoveries to prevent, detect and treat cancer will be moved from the bench to practical applications in patients. The OICR team is growing quickly. We are innovative, dedicated professionals who bring expertise to each of our roles. We are looking for individuals interested in being part of a culture of excellence that will result in Ontario being recognized internationally as a leading jurisdiction for cancer research.
Launched in December 2005, OICR is an independent institute funded by the Government of Ontario through the Ministry of Research and Innovation.
For more information about OICR, please visit the website at www.oicr.on.ca.
POSTED DATE: June 8, 2011
CLOSING DATE: July 8, 2011
Interested candidates may apply here
OICR has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
The Ontario Institute for Cancer Research thanks all applicants. However, only those under consideration will be contacted. Candidates will be expected to provide their current employer as a reference.
Resume Format: If you elect to apply, you will need a text or HTML version of your resume so that you can cut and paste it into the application box provided. Before you submit the completed application, you will be asked to attach one or two files to your application. Please attach your resume as a .doc file.