SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
auto log-off on IMG website trexbob Metagenomics 0 06-07-2016 05:46 AM
Vendor provided .Bam file size is much larger in size but # of reads are same newbird Bioinformatics 9 10-30-2014 10:06 AM
newbie help on navigating IMG gremlinsplash Bioinformatics 0 06-10-2013 06:03 PM
Clarification on BCF file format phatjoe Bioinformatics 2 01-09-2012 04:22 PM

Old 03-15-2017, 04:53 PM   #1
roliwilhelm

Lightbulb IMG File Naming - Clarification Provided

I am posting this as a resource for others. My question was answered by a staff member at IMG.

My question was as follows: I am trying to collect QC'd sequencing files from a pre-existing project. When I use Globus Connect to navigate through the project IDs associated with the project I find series of 3 project IDs (consecutive) contain mostly identical files, but are in folders with other files that have been treated differently. These projectIDs have identical nameing except for the added descriptor of either "FD" or "AP" (or no additional descriptor).

It would be helpful to understand what these descriptors mean in order to select the correct data. Please advise on which project ID 'types' (ie. FD, AP, or unmarked) I should download.
roliwilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 04:58 PM   #2
roliwilhelm

Response:

There are different projectIDs for 'umbrella project' (FD), which contains all the children 'sequencing projects' (SP) and 'analysis projects' (AP) done under it.

So, one can find copies of files from the FD in SP and AP folders (i.e. under different ProjectIDs).
roliwilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abbreviation ap, abbreviation fd, genome portal, img, project id