No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEXseq input file

Hello!

I am trying to assess expression level of a particular gene and its isoforms in 2 treatment conditions using DEXseq.
    I am new to DEXseq and have a question regarding its input file.
    I have a RNAseq data set of two experimental conditions without any replicates. For each experimental condition the sequencing data has been stored as seven fastq files. Since the data is paired ended I have 14 fastq files for each experimental condition. These fastq files were entered into tophat2 as paired ended data and concatenated resulting seven accepted_hits.bam files together, so that I have .bam files for each experimental condition to feed into HTseq.

I have copied the command for count.txt file generation here. In that I have stated my data are paired-ended while putting a single merged .bam file in. Is this the correct way to put my data in? I want to clarify this because I get some errors in following steps.

python dexseq_count.py output_from_dexseq_annotation.gff -p yes -f bam -r name mutant_merged.bam DEXseq_count.txt

This is the error I get with its command.

> dxd = estimateDispersions( dxd )
    using supplied model matrix
    Error in estimateDispersionsFit(object, fitType = fitType, quiet = quiet) :
    all gene-wise dispersion estimates are within 2 orders of magnitude from the minimum value, and so the standard curve fitting techniques will not work.
    One can instead use the gene-wise estimates as final estimates:
    dds <- estimateDispersionsGeneEst(dds)
    dispersions(dds) <- mcols(dds)$dispGeneEst
    ...then continue with testing using nbinomWaldTest or nbinomLRT
    In addition: Warning message:
    In MulticoreParam(workers = 1) :
    MulticoreParam not supported on Windows. Use SnowParam instead.

If anyone could give your opinion on this it would be a huge help.

Thank you very much
    Last edited by TPH; 02-21-2016, 08:25 PM.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
    04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
  • seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
0 responses