SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ion torrent small RNA library size issue CC_seqanswers Sample Prep / Library Generation 0 11-14-2012 02:46 PM
Why the raw RNA-seq data of the same size gave accepted hits in very different size HSV-1 RNA Sequencing 0 07-19-2012 11:23 PM
Normalization of small RNA data for library size floydian_slip Bioinformatics 0 07-10-2012 12:44 PM
GATK re aligner step doubles file size? manducasexta Bioinformatics 7 07-05-2012 08:50 AM
Is the PCR purification step between ligation and size selection necessary? skblazer Sample Prep / Library Generation 7 10-28-2011 03:44 AM

Old 10-02-2013, 07:55 AM   #1
StephaniePi83

Default plotting small RNA using window size - step size

Dear all,
I'm analyzing small RNA seq data.
I have the genomic coordinates of some elements (called cluster) on the genome.
I have to make some graph, representing the density of small RNA mapping to these cluster using a windows size of 250nt and step size of 25 nt ( i have to do this because it has already been done in a paper).
I'm not sure to well understand :
does it mean that i have to created a BED file called windows.bed for 250nt windows across the element of interest and that each windows overlap by 25 nt.
For example :

Code:
chr1 0 250
chr1 225 475
and i create a 2nd bed file of sequence reads called reads.bed

And i can use coverageBed from Bedtools to calculate for each window in windows.bed the number of reads in reads.bed that overlap the window.

Do i well understand the notion of window size / step size ?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Stéph

and then, i can use Bedtools
StephaniePi83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #2
Kennels

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaniePi83 View Post
Dear all,
I'm analyzing small RNA seq data.
I have the genomic coordinates of some elements (called cluster) on the genome.
I have to make some graph, representing the density of small RNA mapping to these cluster using a windows size of 250nt and step size of 25 nt ( i have to do this because it has already been done in a paper).
I'm not sure to well understand :
does it mean that i have to created a BED file called windows.bed for 250nt windows across the element of interest and that each windows overlap by 25 nt.
For example :

Code:
chr1 0 250
chr1 225 475
and i create a 2nd bed file of sequence reads called reads.bed

And i can use coverageBed from Bedtools to calculate for each window in windows.bed the number of reads in reads.bed that overlap the window.

Do i well understand the notion of window size / step size ?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Stéph

and then, i can use Bedtools
Hi,

For example, it means you count the number of small RNA that mapped to pos 0-250, then 25-275, then 50-300 and so on, and you plot the total number of mapped smallRNA in these 250nt bins.
Kennels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #3
StephaniePi83

Hi Kennels,
I'm not sure to well understand, what is the x-axis of the plot ? [0,25,50, ...] ?
There is redundancy no ? I mean, small RNA that have been counted in the windows [0,250] will also be counted in the windows [25,275], no ?
StephaniePi83 is offline   Reply With Quote