Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long-range PCR

I am trying to prepare multiple samples with Invitrogen's Sequalprep long range PCR kit for sequencing on a 454. Does anyone have any experience of this, for example how much do you need to quality control your PCR products (for specificity etc) before quantification and pooling?

Hi

I don't know about this and I'd like to hear if you find out. Can you please tell me how you process the PCR products for subsequent sequencing or can you point out literature?

thanks

vasvale

Comment

I'm using the Sequalprep LR-PCR kit and Normalisation plates, then using Parallel Tagged Sequencing (Meyer et al 2008, Nat Protocols 3 (2) 267-278)

Comment

Hi Ellenthomas !

Nice ! have you already started your test ? I'd like to hear more about that, may i will go in this way...

Comment

Hello

Which software will you use to design your primers for long PCR ?

Comment

I just use Primer 3 which is free on the web. There are primer design instructions in the Sequalprep kit.

Comment

Hi there,
              I'm also using the SequalPrep Kit and I do a simple sanger sequencing of the ends of my fragment using my LR PCR primers to verify my fragments.

Comment

We are using SeqalPrep for lr-PCR and it is working. However there are lots of questions that we are thinking about as the read coverage is nowhere near smooth across the region and although I expected some varialbility I did not think it would be as high as it is.
                JAmes.

Comment

We're doing something different but also have a lot of problem with uneven non-random coverage. If anyone knows of any tweeks to smooth coverage I'd be interested to hear about them.

Comment

Bad efficiency

We've tried using this kit for enrichment of regions around 10-12kb. The efficiency for this was near zero. We downscaled it down to 3-7kb and are starting to get amplification efficiency around 30-50%.
                    For our purposes this kit is waste of money, especially because of i) the price, and ii) nonexistent customer support. We wrote several times to speak to people who actually KNOW how this kit works, but we got general answers about how to design primers.....
                    Well, the best option for us would be raindance, but who can afford this...

Comment

Any advice on how to purify LR-PCR products before shearing?
                      Would Ampure beads work or maybe Qiaquick columns?

Comment

standard Sigma pcr cleanup columns and Clontech/Macherey-Nagel nucleospin columns have both worked fine for us to supply template to our core. i am pretty certain they do not do any further clean up prior to fragmentation.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                        • seqadmin
                          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post seqadmin  
                        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                        0 responses