Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the message. Should I leave the file as gzipped or extract it to fast before doing any alignment.

Thanks,

Comment

You can leave them gzipped.

Comment

Hi Brian

I have been able to run other example parameters efficiently.
        So, I tried to create a index fasta file with the files you mentioned (got if from the JGI website).

I don't seem to be able to prepare a concatenate index file. I put all the mentioned files in one folder in G: and ran the following command
        java -Xmx1g -ea -cp G:\bbmap\current\align2.BBmap ref=G:\bbmap\lyrata_genome_index

Folder named lyrata_genome_index contains all three gziped files.
        I got the error message:
        Error: Could not find or laod main class ref=G:\bbmap\lyrata_genome\index

Again, I tried to prepare the index file for just one file (not including chloroplast and mitochondrial genome).
        I get the same error message.

Can you please help.

Also, is there any command to concatenate all these files into one.

Thanks,

Comment

Code:
          java -Xmx1g -ea -cp G:\bbmap\current\align2.BBmap ref=G:\bbmap\lyrata_genome_index
          is missing a space; should be:
          Code:
          java -Xmx1g -ea -cp G:\bbmap\current\ align2.BBmap ref=G:\bbmap\lyrata_genome_index
          To concatenate into one file, in Windows:

Code:
          type file1 file2 > file3
          ...taken from http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6...cat-on-windows

Comment

Thanks for quick reply.

Concatenating work perfect.
            I had used spaced in my previous command and again did the same after I was able concatenate all the scaffolds into one.
            But, still getting the error message:
            Error: Could not find or load main class align2.BBmap

I check and BBmap.java BBmap.class and several other important BBmap. files do exist inside the required folder (current).

I have been running cmd as administrator in Windows 8.1. HOpefully the problems isn't coming from there.

Comment

Ah - in this case it's capitalization - should be BBMap, not BBmap. I should have caught that the first time.

Comment

Thanks Brian.

Comment

Hi Brian,

I was able to index the genome into one file. Looking at the summary it seems that it is chr1, mitochondrial and chlroplast genome. Thats fine for now. I may be able to add sequences from other chromosomes.

For now I tried to map RNAseq reads from one of my sample for the test purpose. I am not worried about splice right now. But, I have been getting errors. I am not sure what the errors mean.
                  I am posting screen shots.

Also, to allow splice junction (which I would expect for RNAseq reads) what should I do. I have been reading the readme file. I understand the concept but for some reason whole coding process still doesn't make very good sense to me.

I was able to do fastqc quality check on iplant. Is there any parameter in BBMap equivalent to this quality check app.

Thanks,
                  Attached Files

Comment

Once you have the index files ready you use them with path=C:\bbmap\refreads directive (if that path is right). Do not use ref=.

Comment

Originally posted by everestial View Post
                      Also, to allow splice junction (which I would expect for RNAseq reads) what should I do. I have been reading the readme file. I understand the concept but for some reason whole coding process still doesn't make very good sense to me.
                      Here is a post to help understand minimum options you could use: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showpos...68&postcount=3

Read through the thread for several additional pointers that Brian has provided for additional questions.

Comment

Seems like there is some problem with java. I am not sure.

First, I deleted the previous index file and created a new one. The cmd prompt window on the left. There is an error message at the bottom saying
                        Exception in thread.........
                        But, a ref folder is created in G: and there are fasta index files.

So, I proceed with mapping one of my RNAseq sample
                        As, the reference had already been set in the previous command I just run align2.BBmap with in=samplename.fasta and out=testF1.fasta
                        But, still getting the same error.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
                          Here is a post to help understand minimum options you could use: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showpos...68&postcount=3

Read through the thread for several additional pointers that Brian has provided for additional questions.
                          Well that command for RNAseq reads make a perfect sense. I will follow up with this command and see how my results turn out.

Thanks,

Comment

Seems like there is some problem with java. I am not sure.

First, I deleted the previous index file and created a new one. The cmd prompt window on the left. There is an error message at the bottom saying
                            Exception in thread.........
                            But, a ref folder is created in G: and there are fasta index files.

So, I proceed with mapping one of my RNAseq sample
                            As, the reference had already been set in the previous command I just run align2.BBmap with in=samplename.fasta and out=testF1.fasta
                            But, still getting the same error.
                            You probably want to create a separate folder when you make the index files that way it would be less confusing to use that path in your ref= part.

Can you post the exact commands you are using for:

a) to create the index
                            b) to do mapping

Screenshots are hard to read.

ref= directive only needs to include path up to a top level directory. In that directory there should be a "ref" directory (and additional sub-directories, assuming your index creation worked right).

Comment

Explanation:
                              I have my F1 reads in F: (due to space concern)
                              I have my bbmap extracted in G:
                              I have my concatenated index reads in G:\bbmap named "indexreads.fq"

I run cmd as admin and then move to G: (which I think shouldn't really matter)

To prepare the index file I type
                              G:\>java -Xmx1g -ea -cp G:\bbmap\current\ align2.BBMap ref=G:\bbmap\indexreads.fq build=1 genScaffoldInfo=true

Executing align2.BBMap [ref=<path to the indexreads.fq>, build=1, genScaffoldInfo=true]

BBMap version 34.56
                              Retaining first best site only for ambiguous mappings.
                              No output file.
                              Writing reference.
                              Executing dna.FastaToChromArrays2 [G:\bbmap\indexreads.fq, 1, writeinthread=false, genscaffoldinfo=true, retain, waitforwriting=false, gz=true, maxlen=536670912, writechroms=true, minscaf=1, midpad=300, startpad=8000, stopped=8000, nodisk=false]

Set genScaffoldInfo=true
                              Writing chunk 1
                              Set genome to 1

Loaded Reference: 4.224 seconds
                              Loading index for chunk 1-1, build 1
                              No index available; generating from reference genome: G:\\ref\index\1\chr1_index_k13_c3_b1.block
                              Indexing threads started for block 0-1
                              Exception in thread "Thread-4" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space at align2.IndexMaker4$BlockMaker$CountThread.run<IndexMaker4.java:280>

To map the genome:
                              G:\>java -Xmx1g -e -cp G:\bbmap\current\ align2.BBMap in=F:\F1_extracted\R1_001.fastq out=F:\mapped_test01.sam maxindel=100000 xstag=firststrand intronlen=10 ambig=random

The program executes but I ge the same exact message at the bottom starting from Loaded Reference (except for time).

Comment

G:\>java -Xmx1g -ea -cp G:\bbmap\current\ align2.BBMap ref=G:\bbmap\indexreads.fq build=1 genScaffoldInfo=true

Executing align2.BBMap [ref=<path to the indexreads.fq>, build=1, genScaffoldInfo=true]

BBMap version 34.56
                                Retaining first best site only for ambiguous mappings.
                                No output file.
                                Writing reference.
                                Executing dna.FastaToChromArrays2 [G:\bbmap\indexreads.fq, 1, writeinthread=false, genscaffoldinfo=true, retain, waitforwriting=false, gz=true, maxlen=536670912, writechroms=true, minscaf=1, midpad=300, startpad=8000, stopped=8000, nodisk=false]

Set genScaffoldInfo=true
                                Writing chunk 1
                                Set genome to 1

Loaded Reference: 4.224 seconds
                                Loading index for chunk 1-1, build 1
                                No index available; generating from reference genome: G:\\ref\index\1\chr1_index_k13_c3_b1.block
                                Indexing threads started for block 0-1
                                Exception in thread "Thread-4" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space at align2.IndexMaker4$BlockMaker$CountThread.run<IndexMaker4.java:280>
                                You appear to be running out of memory. Increase -Xmx1g to -Xmx4g in the first command. Until this completes without errors do not run the second command.

How big is your reference?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses