No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Structural Variants in germline [WG trios up to 200x coverage]

Hi all,

I already checked the forum but did now find the answers.

I am about to find the germline SVs in sequenced trios. Therefore, I thought that it is a good idea to ask for a few tips on how it should be done.

I have read a few papers and found SV callers. Most of the materials treat about somatic mutations, which are not of my interest.

QC and mapping are well understood by me. The problem lies in finding the inherited mutations.

Should I map reads from each member in the trio to the reference genome and from these SAM/BAM files looking for germline SVs?
    And the thing is, how do i know, that this is a germline one? Should I run the SV caller on each BAM file to find the SVs, but how should I then approach the characterisic of my result (merging these VCFs somehow, or some scripting to know which SVs are contained in son/daughter which are not - in other words looking for the mendelian inheritance patterns).
    Finally I would expect to merge the blocks in haplotypes, but that's a distant future.

Another thing is to use a tool for pooled SV calling, but I have no idea what are the principles behind their work.

My description might be a bit blury, but it is a beginning, and I do not have a clear view of how to approach the problem.

So with general ideas, if you were about to pull out this, how would you approach the problem?

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
  • seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
0 responses