No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upload > 30 GB file on Galaxy

Hi all,

Has anyone successfully uploaded files > 30 GB onto Galaxy? I tried it a few times using ftp commands on a unix cluster. The first two times, ftp stopped at 12 GB. The third time it stopped at 28 GB.

It gives me an error message: "broken pipe". I am not sure its the problem of the cluster that I am using or Galaxy.

I was think to break my file into smaller files, then upload them one by one. Then join them on Galaxy. Does anyone know what program on Galaxy merges several fastq files into a single one?

Thanks in advance for the help!

-Eric

Originally posted by ericguo View Post
    I was think to break my file into smaller files, then upload them one by one. Then join them on Galaxy. Does anyone know what program on Galaxy merges several fastq files into a single one?
    The generic text file concatenation tool in Galaxy can be used to combined multiple FASTQ files.

Comment

It gives me an error message: "broken pipe". I am not sure its the problem of the cluster that I am using or Galaxy.
      This means your connection was broken and could be do to a firewall or something with your configuration. You could try ftp in passive mode and see if that works (the command is "pftp"). Otherwise, I would try to split the files and upload them. You can then use the "-i" flag with ftp to upload them all without prompting.

Comment

U can consider running alightment of split fastq files before merging bam files .. If upload is slow
        http://kevin-gattaca.blogspot.com/

Comment

It gives me an error message: "broken pipe".
          "broken pipe" means the network is disconnected. This is very common after a long time...

Comment

thanks guys.

Comment

Hi Guys,
              I just installed galaxy but I could not upload any files using Get Data->Upload files from computer . The error showing is

An error occurred running this job: Traceback (most recent call last):
              File "/export/home/deepthi/galaxy-dist/tools/data_source/upload.py", line 10, in ?
              import galaxy.model
              File "/export/home/deepthi/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/model/__init__.py", line 13, in ?
              import galaxy.datatyp

Is it something problem with the python eggs?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist on Modified Bases...
                Yesterday, 07:01 AM
              • seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
              0 responses