• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bwa sampe error

Dear,
    I run BWA 0.7.5a
    >bwa aln genome.fasta read1.fastq > read1.sai
    >bwa aln genome.fasta read2.fastq > read2.sai
    > bwa sampe -r '@RG\tID:s\tLB:ss\tPL:ILLUMINA\tPU:l1\tSM:' genome.fasta read1.sai read2.sai read1.fastq read2.fastq > alignment.sam

but during sampe step it returns me this error:

[bwa_sai2sam_pe_core] refine gapped alignments... bwa: bwase.c:182: bwa_refine_gapped_core: Assertion `re - rb == rlen' failed.
    Aborted

anyone has any idea?

Seems a bug. You may consider to try 0.6.2. The sampe/samse components are more robust there.

Comment

the problem is the index of genome.fasta
      if I use bwa0.6.2 for sampe, it returns me:

[bns_restore_core] fail to open file '/dati1/reference/genomes/hg19.fasta.nt.ann'. Abort!

i have tried to use bwa mem (and not aln+sampe) to generate sam file. but gatk want read group in header. could you fix this gap?

Comment

Maybe re-index genome.fasta with bwa0.6.2 and then run samtools sampe?

Comment

Originally posted by N311V View Post
          Maybe re-index genome.fasta with bwa0.6.2 and then run samtools sampe?
          No, it doesn't work if you only change the index files.
          And if you redo it from the aligning step with the same index files using
          0.6.1, it works well.
          So it seems a bug in 0.7.5a-r405 .

Comment

Hi there
            Can someone post here the general commands to run BWA to align paired-end .fastq files ? I just need to have a general look. I have never used BWA but bowtie and tophat using hg19.
            (Optional) Can someone also explain the difference while giving commands structure between BWA and bowtie (Optional) ?
            Thank you in advance

Comment

Originally posted by jp. View Post
              Hi there
              Can someone post here the general commands to run BWA to align paired-end .fastq files ? I just need to have a general look. I have never used BWA but bowtie and tophat using hg19.
              (Optional) Can someone also explain the difference while giving commands structure between BWA and bowtie (Optional) ?
              Thank you in advance
              Read the bwa webpage (you have a penchant for asking questions that could be easily solved by reading documentation). Also, don't post the same question in multiple threads.

Comment

oh..I am sorry..
                I got your point, won't do it again.

Originally posted by dpryan View Post
                Read the bwa webpage (you have a penchant for asking questions that could be easily solved by reading documentation). Also, don't post the same question in multiple threads.

Comment

Anyone hear about an update on this bug? I'm looking to upgrade the version of bwa we're using and got the same error with 0.7.5a:
                  [bwa_sai2sam_pe_core] refine gapped alignments... bwa: bwase.c:182: bwa_refine_gapped_core: Assertion `re - rb == rlen' failed.

There hasn't been an update since May -- any idea if this has been fixed and will be available soon?

Comment

I had the same problem for bwa-0.7.5a. I used the bwa-0.7.4 instead and solved the problem.

The bwa-0.7.5a seems not stable, maybe u can try more stable version of bwa-0.6.2.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by g781 View Post
                      I had the same problem for bwa-0.7.5a. I used the bwa-0.7.4 instead and solved the problem.

The bwa-0.7.5a seems not stable, maybe u can try more stable version of bwa-0.6.2.

Thanks
                      You saved my day! Thank you!

If anyone else bumps into this problem (especially using 0.7.5a), use 0.7.4 with the same index files... works like a charm.

Comment

i use bwa 0.7.5a to do mapping step , it seems good. however, only one of my 21 samples encounter this problem, which makes me confusing. any help message?

Comment

Hi,

I noticed exactly the same thing : bwa 0.7.5 (sampe) worked for 13 of 16 samples, and failed for 3 , without any explanation...
                          I re-indexed, and re-aligned with bwa 0.6.2 and it worked for all of my samples.

It's a mystery....

Comment

Originally posted by cecile75 View Post
                            Hi,

I noticed exactly the same thing : bwa 0.7.5 (sampe) worked for 13 of 16 samples, and failed for 3 , without any explanation...
                            I re-indexed, and re-aligned with bwa 0.6.2 and it worked for all of my samples.

It's a mystery....
                            I also see this issue. I only use 0.7.5 for "mem", not for anything else.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                            • seqadmin
                              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post seqadmin  
                            Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                            0 responses