SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Convert merged BAM back to per lane BAM or FASTQ file danielsbrewer Bioinformatics 6 10-03-2013 07:29 AM
samtools sort bam file error: generate non-existent file mediator Bioinformatics 0 03-05-2012 08:42 PM
Are there any good ways to use SAMtools java API to convert .bam file into .txt file? alextree Bioinformatics 8 01-24-2012 09:20 AM
what is the file size for a 30X human genome sequencing file, raw and BAM? RNA-seq Illumina/Solexa 2 04-15-2011 11:27 AM

Old 03-20-2012, 06:41 AM   #1
brofallon

Default BAM file cleaning

Howdy,
I've recently noticed that I seem to getting a fair number of false positive SNP calls due to do reads with unmapped mates that appear to be duplicates (the reads all start and end at the same position). Such duplicates do not appear to be removed by samtools rmdup, even with the -s or -S options. I'm interested in doing a bit of my own .bam cleaning by filtering out all reads with unmapped mates, as well as reads that have the duplicate flag set, reads with zero mapping quality, and reads that don't pass vendor quality checks. Anyone else tried / quantified the effects of this? Seems like common sense, but I'd be curious to hear other people's thoughts. Any reason not to do this?
brofallon is offline   Reply With Quote