No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intersection

Hello,

I want to do an intersection of several exomes to find common mutations in these exomes. How can I do that?

Thanks

I like to import such data into R and use the set manipulation functions e.g.

Comment

Another way is to write Python scripts and use the sets library:
      The following sections describe the standard types that are built into the interpreter. The principal built-in types are numerics, sequences, mappings, classes, instances and exceptions. Some colle...

Comment

I am not good either in R or in Python. Is there maybe a command line tool I can use? My data is in .tab format.

Thank you

Comment

The easiest way for non-bioinformatics is to do this is in MS Access. There you can generate relationship based queries. E.g. column chromosome from table 1 has to match column chromosome from table 2 and column chromosome position from table 1 has to match column chromosome position from table 2.

Comment

You can also try Galaxy. I've found it very useful for set manipulation via a web browser.

Comment

@doc.ramses: I tried it with Excel, but I'll check out Acess.

@colindaven: I also use galaxy, nice website btw. Which feature can I use for intersection. Can you may tell me the workflow?

Thanks

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
              • seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
              0 responses