SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SOAP2 -v doesn't work baohua100 Bioinformatics 6 06-26-2012 07:12 PM
fastx_toolkit can't work letusgo Bioinformatics 13 04-20-2012 05:59 AM
Software for project work flows and process maps: Visio or other tools? mountaingoat General 1 07-27-2011 04:33 PM
How to work out coverage? James Bioinformatics 1 09-22-2010 10:29 AM
Various assemblers and getting them to work avtsanger Bioinformatics 1 07-04-2010 10:20 PM

Old 05-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
PeteH

Default Anyone got SplitRead software to work?

I've been trying without luck to use the SplitRead software (http://splitread.sourceforge.net/) published in Karakoc, E. et al. Detection of structural variants and indels within exome data. Nat Meth 9, 176178 (2012). The version at the sourceforge link (v0.1) had several bugs, but the developer was kind enough to send me a revised version. However I'm still having no luck running the basic pipeline.

Specifically, Step 5 in the basic pipeline (available here) results in two empty output files. I am unsure whether this is due to there being no structural variants in my sample or with a bug in the getSC.sh script.

I've emailed the developer for assistance twice over the past three weeks and had no response. Has anyone successfully run the SplitRead software?

Thanks,
Pete
PeteH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:48 AM   #2
pepsimax

I've tried to use it as well, but I can't even get the first stage to work. When I run "./SplitReadAll_lite ..." I get a seg fault. Do you know if the revised version that you got has since been uploaded to sourceforge, or is it still the old one? It still says V0.1, so I guess it's not been updated. In that case, could I get it off you as I've had no reply from the designer either. I'd really appreciate it!

Last edited by pepsimax; 07-12-2012 at 06:50 AM.
pepsimax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #3
PeteH

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsimax View Post
I've tried to use it as well, but I can't even get the first stage to work. When I run "./SplitReadAll_lite ..." I get a seg fault. Do you know if the revised version that you got has since been uploaded to sourceforge, or is it still the old one? It still says V0.1, so I guess it's not been updated. In that case, could I get it off you as I've had no reply from the designer either. I'd really appreciate it!
That's the same error I encountered with v0.1. I can send you the version the author sent me (private message me your email address), however I have not been able to run this version to completion either. I've given up on it - it shouldn't be up to the users to fix such fundamental problems with the software.
Pete
Old 12-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #4
vishal.rossi

Hi Pete,

Can you send me the version which the author sent you? I am messaging my email address.

Thanks in Advance
Regards
Vishal
vishal.rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:03 AM   #5
lintao

Hi Pete,

Recently, I used splitread softwar, I also encountered some difficulties wih you previously. Can you please send me the version that you think it is OK? I am messaging my email address.

I greatly appreciate your help!

Thank you!

lintao
lintao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:03 AM   #6
lintao

Hi Pete,

Recently, I used splitread softwar, I also encountered some difficulties wih you previously. Can you please send me the version that you think it is OK? I am messaging my email address.

Thank you!

lintao
lintao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:29 PM   #7
PeteH

Quote:
Originally Posted by lintao View Post
Hi Pete,

Thank you!

lintao
Hi Lintao,

I didn't receive your private message. Nevertheless, I should make it clear that the version of the software that I was sent still does not work.

Cheers,
pete