No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bioanalyzer: Multiple Peaks after library PCR

Hello,

in some of my prepared sequencing libraries I observe multiple peaks in the bioanalyzer run after library pcr (see attached file). Many of the peaks have an average distance of arround 60 bp. Are these adaptor concatameres or something like this?

Is there any way to avoid these peaks?

I know the peak at 126 bp are adaptor dimers... But this is a different story.

Best Harry
    Attached Files

That is the strangest library I've ever seen. What type of library is this?

Comment

It's a ChIP-Seq library prepared with Illumina's TrueSeq ChIP Prep kit - prepared according to the protocol. I have it in both input samples and IP samples. However, from around 50 samples it happened only in 6.

My first idea was that it depends on the initial amount of DNA used for library preparation, but there is absolutely no correlation (it happend both for the maximal amount 10 ng and for a lower input amount 5-6 ng). The bioanalyzer traces are reproducible, excluding problems with the run. I personally can not believe that these are adaptor concatamers - since these peaks appear up to 1800 bp (would basically mean 30 adaptors ligated...).

Comment

Did you happen to use the spike-in standards for library construction? Those can give some strange patterns.

--
        Phillip

Comment

No, nothing was added during library preparation.

Samples were prepared in parallel from the same fragmented chromatin and only few of them showed this pattern. All other libraries look fine. It also does not depend on particular adaptors.

Could these peaks be the result of contaminations in the samples?

Comment

Originally posted by HarryHaller89 View Post
            No, nothing was added during library preparation.

Samples were prepared in parallel from the same fragmented chromatin and only few of them showed this pattern. All other libraries look fine. It also does not depend on particular adaptors.

Could these peaks be the result of contaminations in the samples?
            Sure. Was there any gel purification step before the ligation? Some of the samples might have been near to a molecular weight marker that contaminated the resulting sample.

--
            Phillip

Comment

No the gel purification was performed after the ligation step. The strange samples were not near the markers (50 bp ladder) on the gels.

Comment

Silly question first. Have you run them on the chip a second time? It almost looks like bleed through from the ladder to be honest. Adapter concatamers is also possible but we have done a lot of chip preps and I have never seen this.
                Last edited by barrmur; 01-28-2014, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by barrmur View Post
                  Silly question first. Have you run them on the chip a second time? It almost looks like bleed through from the ladder to be honest. Adapter concatamers is also possible but we have done a lot of chip preps and I have never seen this.
                  Yes, the pattern is absolutely reproducible and not dependent on a particular position on the chip or anything like this.

Comment

The 126 bp peak is an adapter dimer. The other peaks are likely concatamers of the adapter dimer.

I wouldn't bother sequencing this library. I would just remake it.

Comment

how about sequencing the sample??
                      Were there any strange result or it is just a problem on bioanalyzer??

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                      • seqadmin
                        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post seqadmin  
                      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                      0 responses