X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi yaximik,

It worked Finally I could become admin.
    I created a new libraries and tried to add data to the library,
    But then it was very slow or no progress...

So should I change the library settings or upload protocols??
    If so how???
    Last edited by Hiroki; 11-23-2012, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Once you have admin privileges you can do many things. The best way to learn is to play with it. Galaxy WiKi has a lot of information:

Generally, if everything is on a local computer, then it makes little sense to do actual transfers between folders using inherently slow web protocols. If use of network is unavoidable, then it is better to use FTP protocols, but you will have to set up an FTP server first - there is wiki on that as well. There is an option for admin or users granted that permission to link files to libraries without actually transferring them from one location to another on the same machine. Again, galaxy wiki is a good source of all kind of information. If you think you really stuck with your particular local instance because of specifics of your configuration, there is a galaxy developers mailing list, where you can post a question and someone usually answers even if in most cases it happens that you simply have missed something in configuration settings.
      Last edited by yaximik; 11-22-2012, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Hi yaximik,

Thanks.
        I checked the wiki and found that "Upload directory of files" seems to be the one I need. But when I open "Upload files" window, "Upload option" pull-down menu gives only two options: "Upload files" and "Import datasets from your current history". There is no "Upload directory of files" option.
        There maybe something wrong on my settings.
        How can I fix this???

Comment

Originally posted by Hiroki View Post
          Hi yaximik,

Thanks.
          I checked the wiki and found that "Upload directory of files" seems to be the one I need. But when I open "Upload files" window, "Upload option" pull-down menu gives only two options: "Upload files" and "Import datasets from your current history". There is no "Upload directory of files" option.
          There maybe something wrong on my settings.
          How can I fix this???
          Have you followed the directions on this page http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/...ibrary%20Files and set the "library_import_directory" in universe_wsgi.ini file (and rebooted galaxy)?

Code:
          # Directories of files contained in the following directory can be uploaded to a library from the Admin view
          library_import_dir = /some_local_directory_of_files

Comment

GenoMax, yaximik and everybody,

It worked finally. Thank you soooo much

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
              by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
              04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
            • seqadmin
              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 11:49 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
            0 responses