SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hi, I have a doubt in GATK fc35802 Bioinformatics 16 02-08-2013 03:28 AM
doubt in mapping rathankar Bioinformatics 0 08-08-2012 04:27 AM
A doubt about mpileup fc35802 Bioinformatics 9 02-15-2012 09:37 AM
Ion torrent blog on raw accuracy - good primer for accuracy grand challenge lek2k Ion Torrent 3 09-20-2011 12:13 AM

Old 05-26-2013, 02:59 PM   #21
kmcarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by math_guy View Post
I really, whether anyone believes me or not, do not know what Auspex Genomics, Inc. is because it doesn't exist (as far as I know at least). That is how I do not know what it is. I know what Auspex Genomics the project is. Also, I had a buddy of mine help me design the "artwork" on that site and the front page as well as a bunch of other stuff on it so maybe he just put that in because he doesn't know (yes...I know i should have seen it but it was tiny and in that corner and sometimes I am not very detailed). I am guessing he just did it cuz he thought that was right. I'll try to remember to take it off in the next few days. Either way, we're not incorporated or a company called Auspex Genomics, Inc. Auspex Genomics was just what we came up with so we could have a website and a name for our project/team.
O.K. Fine. You are not incorporated and the addition of "Inc." to your webpages may have been an honest mistake. But I see your flat reply "I don't know what Auspex Genomics, Inc. is." to be an example of dissembling I was referring to. A more forthright answer would have been something along the lines of "We call our group (team, project, whatever) Auspex Genomics, but we are not a corporation."

By the way there is a registered California corporation name Auspex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. who also happen to be in San Diego. Do you have any connection or relationship with them? If you don't I would suggest you quickly change the name of your project because I doubt they would like a competitor in the same business area (health care technology) with the same name. And before you protest "We're not a competitor because we're not a company.", I doubt they would see it that way.
Quote:
I always check the internet for anything related to us, because I am human, so I found a question on this forum and I answered it.
Would that be this post by bwallace, who appears to have created an account on SeqAnswers just to make that post? I wonder if bwallace is Brian Wallace, a member of the Auspex Genomics group.
kmcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:18 PM   #22
math_guy

He is the guy who posted that. I just asked him about it and he said he was trying to see if anyone here would be interested. But he never told me so I answered all those questions. Maybe he should have told me that first...or checked it this weekend, buddy...Thanks Brian
math_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #23
math_guy

This is sort of funny. He says that the first response was bashing us and our website so he knew it would bother me since it was my idea (against the whole group) to really make the video on rockethub simple and basic with very little science
Old 05-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #24
math_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcarr View Post
O.K. Fine. You are not incorporated and the addition of "Inc." to your webpages may have been an honest mistake. But I see your flat reply "I don't know what Auspex Genomics, Inc. is." to be an example of dissembling I was referring to. A more forthright answer would have been something along the lines of "We call our group (team, project, whatever) Auspex Genomics, but we are not a corporation."

By the way there is a registered California corporation name Auspex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. who also happen to be in San Diego. Do you have any connection or relationship with them? If you don't I would suggest you quickly change the name of your project because I doubt they would like a competitor in the same business area (health care technology) with the same name. And before you protest "We're not a competitor because we're not a company.", I doubt they would see it that way.

Would that be this post by bwallace, who appears to have created an account on SeqAnswers just to make that post? I wonder if bwallace is Brian Wallace, a member of the Auspex Genomics group.
No. We aren't related to that company but I do remember seeing the name when we were picking a name for our site but we still decided to use our name since it was different enough and didn't want to waste any more time on picking a name

Last edited by math_guy; 05-26-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:55 AM   #25
Bukowski

You might want to start tending to your disgruntled triallists:

http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31180
Bukowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:56 AM   #26
math_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukowski View Post
You might want to start tending to your disgruntled triallists:

http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31180
Thanks. I didn't see that.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #27
math_guy

Actually...seriously thank you. You seem to be the nicest guy on this forum. I really appreciate that!
Old 03-21-2015, 12:22 PM   #28
Tony0902

Default I just met 2 of the guys from this company

I just met 2 guys from this company. They sold their company last year. But last year they claimed that they were never a company and didn't care about making money.

Just letting everyone know. They said they were not doing it for the money.
Tony0902 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
auspex genomics