Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samtools snpcalling

1. What the maxmium samples in samtools snpcalling at one time?
    2. How to merge the bcf files of multisamples. I mean combine several output bcf files in one(column combine). NOT the bcftools cat.
    3. How to filter the snpcalling result, which paramters can be used to filter?
    Many thanks for you answer.

Hi,
    1. I have not tried SNP calling with more than 5 samples but I am sure it should be able to handle atleast 10.
    The way I do my SNP calling in Samtools is I run mpileup for all my samples and parse the output to Bcf tools for creating a bcf file which you don't need to use bcf cat.
    The bcf file that you will obtain is the raw file that you can filter using the samtools perl script vcfutils.pl.
    For more information check this link: http://samtools.sourceforge.net/mpileup.shtml
    Also you can try GATK tools for SNP calling.

Good Luck!

Comment

Combining bcfs is not quite what you want to do, if you can help it. If at a locus, you have five samples with the reference allele, three samples with an alternate allele, and no coverage in two more, you want some indication that something is wrong for those two samples at that locus, but the bcf is unlikely to say anything about a region that has poor coverage, which might lead you to think that it has the reference allele.

You can combine a whole lot of samples in one mpileup call. The only limit is that it will impose a per sample depth cap, so that the total caps across all the samples adds up to 8000. So trying to run more than 400 samples at a time is not going to have enough coverage, but a few dozen should be fine.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
        04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
      • seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 11:49 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
      0 responses