SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ion Sphere ID summary, polyclonal % The_Dark_Base Ion Torrent 3 12-23-2011 12:08 PM
ChIP-Seq: ChIP-Array: combinatory analysis of ChIP-seq/chip and microarray gene expre Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 05-19-2011 02:50 AM
ChIP-Seq: ChIP-chip versus ChIP-seq: Lessons for experimental design and data analysi Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 03-02-2011 02:50 AM
Non-specific binding of control antibodies for ChIP-seq jdub Epigenetics 1 12-01-2010 08:20 PM
ChIP-Seq: ChIPpeakAnno: a Bioconductor package to annotate ChIP-seq and ChIP-chip dat Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 05-13-2010 02:00 AM

Old 02-09-2009, 09:23 AM   #1
sghussey

Default Generating polyclonal antibodies from peptides for ChIP-Seq

My question pertains to the generation of polyclonal antibodies from synthetic peptides, such as those provided by GenScript, for use in ChIP-Seq. I recognize a potential problem in submitting a single peptide for antibody generation: that the specific protein epitope recognized by the antibody and represented by the synthetic peptide will not be exposed after formaldehyde cross-linking of the protein-DNA complex. Would it therefore be possible to obtain a polyclonal antibody by inoculating rabbits with two synthetic peptides from the same protein, such that more than one epitope may be recognized by the antibody?
sghussey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:17 AM   #2
EPICENTRE
Registered Vendor

I don't think the 2-peptide strategy will work because each of the peptide will be independently displayed by the immune system. I know of a few companies that are trying this approach (with a single peptide) and are having marginal success.

If you are married to using a peptide antigen, you may want to try raising a monoclonal so you can screen for the desired properties (recognizing DNA-bound protein). Here though, the major challenge is having target to use in your screening.

Another thought would be to try a genetic immunization approach (like SDI). I've never tried them, but it looks look on paper...
EPICENTRE is offline   Reply With Quote