No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samtools flagstat

Hi there,

I ran tophat a few months ago on our rna-seq dataset and made a table showing the mapping statistics from samtools flagstat.

There were some queries about the data recently, so I decided to make sure I have the latest versions of all software and re-ran the analysis to see if it would improve.

When I ran flagstat and compared it with our previous results, I found that the output format from flagstat had changed. I then ran the current version of flagstat on our previously generated bam files from an older version of tophat to compare results, and found very weird results. The numbers I got was not comparable with the results I found using a previous version of flagstat.

My question is now.. How do I compare the old dataset with the new dataset using flagstat? Is flagstat calculating things differently? How can I report to my colleagues whether the mapping have improved. This obviously also has an effect downstream when I'm using the new version of Cufflinks.

Any ideas will be appreciated!

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses