Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experienced sequencing providers for RRBS-seq?

Hi,

can someone recommend me a reliable sequencing provider for RRBS-sequencing? Our current provider struggles with this kind of application, they have problems finding the right amount of PhiX, they generate low quality bases and waste a lot of reads; they have admitted that this is the first time they try their hands at this application, and so they do not have the expertise with sequencing such low-complexity libraries.

We have a lot of urgent RRBS-seq projects in the pipeline, and we would like to do RRBS-seq regularly in the future, so we are considering changing the sequencing provider.

So I'm asking mainly the RRBS users (but WGBS users are also welcome of course, though I think the complexity is better with WGBS): where do you usually sequence, which sequencing provider can you recommend that has experience with sequencing low complexity libraries?

Also we prefer Illumina technology and situation in Europe, but these are not priorities.

Thanks in advance!

I cannot recommend any sequence provider but there is a RRBS kit which prepares high diversity RRBS libraries. The libraries can be sequenced without or low PhiX spike-in (1%) with clustering 10% below shotgun libraries.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! And which kit would this be? Have you tried it in practice? Do you know maybe how do they achieve this?

Nevertheless we still need someone to sequence it, so if anyone has any suggestions for a NGS service provider, don't hold it back.

Comment

You can have a look for posts #9 onwards in the following thread:

http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43939

Comment

Sequencing RRBS libraries (standard protocol) on the HiSeq 4000 has not been a problem for us - one has to dose in 30 to 40% of a balanced library though

Comment

Thank you for the answers!

Comment

We've found that RRBS is an application that a lot of providers are simply not comfortable running. While it's not a direct answer to your question, I'd encourage you to try out AllSeq's Sequencing Marketplace to see if you can find any who are interested. It's completely free to use for both buyers AND providers (so no hidden fees driving up your project costs). Best of luck!
              AllSeq - The Sequencing Marketplace
              [email protected]
              www.AllSeq.com

Comment

Hi DNATECH,
                Do you use a specific type of balanced library along with your RRBS ones? I would imagine that a library with the same range of amplicon sizes as your RRBS' would be necessary?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi clolalan,

yes, somewhat similar fragment lengths make the dosing much easier. RNA-seq libraries tend to be perfect.

Comment

Thank you DNATECH,

I will suggest this to my colleagues
                    clolalan7

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                    • seqadmin
                      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post seqadmin  
                    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                    0 responses