Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOlid &&&& Metagenomics

Are there some research to Metagenomics using Solid???? Otherwise, the short read (about 50bp)to apply thie field????

Are you looking for software, or asking about whether people have used Solid in metagenomics so far ?

I think de novo assembly is a little trickier, but I'm not worried about the read length for our chosen analysis techniques.

Comment

Originally posted by colindaven View Post
      Are you looking for software, or asking about whether people have used Solid in metagenomics so far ?

I think de novo assembly is a little trickier, but I'm not worried about the read length for our chosen analysis techniques.
      Thank you for your reply. I want to know whether some papers about Metagenomics on the basic of Solid sequencing.

Comment

From the website
        Researchers use Applied Biosystems integrated systems for sequencing, flow cytometry, and real-time, digital and end point PCR—from sample prep to data analysis.

Metagenomics

Metatranscriptomic analyses of chlorophototrophs of a hot-spring microbial mat
        Publication: The ISME Journal (2011)
        Authors: Liu Z. et al.

Confirmation of the Sequence of 'Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus' and Assessment of Microbial Diversity in Huanglongbing-Infected Citrus Phloem Using a Metagenomic Approach
        Publication: Molecular Plant-Microbe Interactions, Vol. 22, No. 12, 2009
        Authors: Tyler et al.

The carnivorous bladderwort (Utricularia, Lentibulaiceae) a system inflates
        Publication: Journal of Experimental Botany, vol. 61, No1, pp 5-9, 2010
        Authors: Albert, et al.

Comment

In the NCBI SRA there are a couple more studies too, which may not be published:

SOLiD sequencing of HLB infected Citrus phloem
          1 ABI_SOLID (AB SOLiD System) run: 337.1M spots, 11.8G bases, 12.2GB downloads
          Accession: SRX004995

CEG 50-50nt mate-pair library for sample GG3
          1 ABI_SOLID (AB SOLiD System 3.0) run: 315.6M spots, 31.5G bases, 26.1GB downloads
          Accession: SRX105134

ABI 50-50nt mate-pair library for sample GG2
          1 ABI_SOLID (AB SOLiD System 3.0) run: 281.8M spots, 27G bases, 22.3GB downloads
          Accession: SRX105133

ABI 75nt fragment library for sample GG1
          2 ABI_SOLID (AB SOLiD System 3.0) runs: 339.8M spots, 25.5G bases, 20.7GB downloads
          Accession: SRX105132

CEG 35nt fragment library for sample GG1
          1 ABI_SOLID (AB SOLiD System 2.0) run: 171.6M spots, 6G bases, 5.2GB downloads
          Accession: SRX105131

Comment

Thank you for reply. I will try it.

Comment

The last 4 datasets mentioned are very nice, and are from

Iverson et al 2012, Science.

Comment

Thanks colindaven, neat papers, esp. genome-from-metagenome one. And yet I still have a question: is it even possible to use raw color-space reads (ie no assembly, no transforming to base space) to analyse a metagenome? As I've heard, BFAST and some other tools can do alignment of .csfasta against reference genome, but will they work against, say, NCBI database?
                Last edited by A_Morozov; 01-21-2013, 10:08 PM. Reason: Just fixing orthography

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                0 responses