Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help..Cuffmerge question (Galaxy)

Dear all,

I have a question regarding running Cuffmerge on Galaxy. Any help will be appreciated!

My goal is to analyze for differential gene expression in a bacterium, R. centenum, in 5 timepoints (3 replicates for each timepoint). R. centenum has about 4000 genes. My workflow is: Bowtie- Cufflink - Cuffmerge - Cuffdiff. I used this workflow for my last data analysis and it worked great.

Now I am tried to do the same for my new set of data. After Cufflink, everything seems normal: cufflinks files have around 4000 lines, FPKMs good values and FPKM status are mostly OK. But when I tried to Cuffmerge two Cufflinks files together, the Cuffmerged file has only 48 lines. When I tried to Cuffmerge other Cufflinks files, no matter which cufflinks file for input (I tried around 8 different cufflinks files), the output Cuffmerge file are exactly the same with only 48 lines (which supposed to be 4000 lines).

However if I use Cuffcompare instead of Cuffmerge, the output file has 4000 lines.

I understand that Cuffmerge runs a Reference Annotation Based Transcript assembler (RABT) but Cuffcompare does not. So my question is, does this mean my data set is bad or my reference annotation is bad?

And also, should I use Tophat instead of Bowtie? Would it help?

The parameter I used for Cufflinks are:

Max Intron Length 1000
    Min Isoform Fraction 0.1
    Pre MRNA Fraction 0.15
    Perform quartile normalization No
    Use Reference Annotation Use reference annotation
    Reference Annotation 28: R.centenum_annotation_su.gtf
    Perform Bias Correction No
    Set Parameters for Paired-end Reads? (not recommended) No
    Global model (for use in Trackster) No dataset
    How long will your job need 1 hr

The parameters I used for Cuffmerge are:

GTF file produced by Cufflinks 76: 26 1 CENS Cufflinks on data 73 and data 28: assembled transcripts
    GTF file produced by Cufflinks 103: 26 1 D2 Cufflinks on data 100 and data 28: assembled transcripts
    Use Reference Annotation Yes
    Reference Annotation 28: R.centenum_annotation_su.gtf
    Use Sequence Data Yes
    Choose the source for the reference list history
    Using reference file 27: R. centenum genome sequence

Thank you so much,

Qian

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses