Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't get bam2cfg.pl to work

I am using breakdancer1.1.2 and I've downloaded the two CPAN files for the bam2cfg.pl program but when I run the program bam2cfg.pl on 3 bam files I get:
    Can't locate Statistics/Descriptive.pm in @INC (@INC contains /Library/Perl/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.12 /Network/Library/Perl/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Network/Library/Perl/5.12 /Library/Perl/Updates/5.12.3 /System/Library/Perl/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/5.12 /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.12 .) at bam2cfg.pl line 7.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at bam2cfg.pl line 7.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Looks like you need to install this module: http://search.cpan.org/~shlomif/Stat...Descriptive.pm If it is installed then it is not in the @INC path. You can add that to path by http://www.perlhowto.com/extending_the_library_path.

Comment

Thankyou for your suggestion. I put the 2 modules into the @INC path but it still can't find the modules in @INC when I use bam2cfg. I also tried to modify the script by putting use lib "path to module" at the beginning of the bam2cfg script but I still keep getting the same error message! This is very frustrating.
      Is there a proper way to install these CPAN modules?

Comment

I was finally able to install the 2 modules Statistics:escriptive and Math::CDF modules correctly as root but now the bam2cfg program stops at line8 which is use GD::Graph::histogram. This module is not mentioned in the web page http://breakdancer.sourceforge.net/moreperl.html I tried to install this module using cpan but all of the make_tests are NO. How can I install this module correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by godzilla07 View Post
          I was finally able to install the 2 modules Statistics:escriptive and Math::CDF modules correctly as root but now the bam2cfg program stops at line8 which is use GD::Graph::histogram. This module is not mentioned in the web page http://breakdancer.sourceforge.net/moreperl.html I tried to install this module using cpan but all of the make_tests are NO. How can I install this module correctly?
          See if this helps: http://www.walkingrandomly.com/?p=55

Comment

breakdancer1.1.2 problems

Thankyou GenoMax. I got bam2cfg.pl to finally work but now I can't get BreakDancerMax.cpp to work. When I use the command
            perl BreakDancerMax.cpp -t -q 10 -d config.ctx config.cfg > config.ctx, I get the below message. I had downloaded Breakdancer1.1.2 and this version does not have breakdancermax.pl. I don't know if this is the right command since I do not know what a .cpp file is.

(Missing operator before main?)
            Operator or semicolon missing before *argv at BreakDancerMax.cpp line 11.
            Ambiguous use of * resolved as operator * at BreakDancerMax.cpp line 11.
            Bareword found where operator expected at BreakDancerMax.cpp line 14, near "// chromosome"
            (Missing operator before chromosome?)
            Bareword found where operator expected at BreakDancerMax.cpp line 20, near "//temporarily"
            (Missing operator before temporarily?)
            Bareword found where operator expected at BreakDancerMax.cpp line 21, near "//bool"
            (Missing operator before bool?)
            Bareword found where operator expected at BreakDancerMax.cpp line 23, near "//bool"
            Bareword found where operator expected at BreakDancerMax.cpp line 24, near "//bool"
            Bareword found where operator expected at BreakDancerMax.cpp line 25, near "// bool"
            Bareword found where operator expected at BreakDancerMax.cpp line 26, near "// bool"
            Bareword found where operator expected at BreakDancerMax.cpp line 28, near "//bool"
            Bareword found where operator expected at BreakDancerMax.cpp line 29, near "//bool"
            syntax error at BreakDancerMax.cpp line 11, near "// main function
            "
            syntax error at BreakDancerMax.cpp line 15, near "// chromosome
            "
            syntax error at BreakDancerMax.cpp line 20, near "//temporarily "
            syntax error at BreakDancerMax.cpp line 22, near "//bool
            float "
            syntax error at BreakDancerMax.cpp line 24, near "//bool
            "
            syntax error at BreakDancerMax.cpp line 25, near "//bool
            "
            syntax error at BreakDancerMax.cpp line 26, near "// bool
            "
            syntax error at BreakDancerMax.cpp line 27, near "// bool
            "
            syntax error at BreakDancerMax.cpp line 29, near "//bool
            "
            syntax error at BreakDancerMax.cpp line 30, near "//bool
            "
            BreakDancerMax.cpp has too many errors.

Any help is appreciated. Thankyou

Comment

There are two versions of breakdancer. The one you are referencing now (*.cpp) is a C program file. This will not work with perl.

Perl version: http://breakdancer.sourceforge.net/moreperl.html
              C version: http://breakdancer.sourceforge.net/morecpp.html See the section on differences from Perl version.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
              • seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 11:49 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
              0 responses