Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Added a draft of wiki paper describing the SEQanswers community.

2 purposes.

(1) avoid self-plagiarism, (2) give insights for the writing
    Marco

Comment

• I shifted a couple of things around and added some of the points into the text that were listed above. I think the text is getting in good shape, the only thing we still need is the figure and a few more stats.

This means: ECO, we need your help with the SQLdump. :-)

We might be over the word limit, but we can trim down the letter when we have added everything we want. (It will be easier to eliminate the weaker parts and select the most important ones.)

Comment

• Originally posted by robs View Post
        This means: ECO, we need your help with the SQLdump. :-)
        I have this. Email me and I can share it with you.

Comment

• got really tied up for the past couple months, but this is very interesting, and can look to contribute.

I will start with scrolling through the thread, but feel free to PM me with any specifics..
          --
          bioinfosm

Comment

• I added two figures to the gdoc and would like to get your comments and suggestions.

How is the tag cloud coming along?

Comment

• To save you the search for the gdoc link:
              https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US

Comment

• Hi robs, great work. figure 1 is super nice, i see the new discussion(i suppose it means a thread?) still get steady increases after these years. While there are a slight drop /steady trend in the number of posts per month. Hey, on second thought I think the drop is due to bad curve fitting, the overall trend is still increasing. The rapid dropping in time between questions and answers support such argument. Obviously when ppl ask a question, normally they open a new post and thus the increase of new discussion.

For figure 2, the raw data points for time between Q&A looks a bit messy. Should we hide them?
                Marco

Comment

• Robs, remember to keep the data file and the scripts for graph generation. We still dont know if we have to change the color scheme or anything to suit journal's requirement. Great graphs!
                  Last edited by marcowanger; 11-12-2011, 09:27 PM. Reason: fix typo
                  Marco

Comment

• Regarding the tag cloud, I think genericforms are having it done soon. Because there are already 2-3 figures potentially useful, I rather focus on the text. Just to avoid duplication of effort. Frankly, can we use all figures? Is there any #figures limitation? I think all these three would be worthwhile to be published. Thank you again robs!
                    Marco

Comment

• I like the first figure too. The points should probably go away in second figure to make it less messy.

Comment

• Thanks for the comments.

I think, we can only add one figure for the letter (not sure though). I will wait until the tag cloud is done and maybe we can put all together into one figure.

If you have more ideas of what data might be interesting to plot, let me know and I will do my best to get the graph done.

Comment

Thanks for the comments.

I think, we can only add one figure for the letter (not sure though). I will wait until the tag cloud is done and maybe we can put all together into one figure.

If you have more ideas of what data might be interesting to plot, let me know and I will do my best to get the graph done.
                          Having these three would be fine enough I think...
                          Marco

Comment

Thanks for the comments.

Just thinking overlaying the tag cloud into the second figure to replace the raw dots. What do you guys think?
                            Marco

Comment

• Originally posted by marcowanger View Post
                              Just thinking overlaying the tag cloud into the second figure to replace the raw dots. What do you guys think?
                              If we want to make a single figure, then I would add the tag cloud data to the first one and ignore the second figure. We could keep the second figure for the longer version, if necessary. Or we can try to submit all figures that we will have at that point of submission and let them choose.

Comment

If we want to make a single figure, then I would add the tag cloud data to the first one and ignore the second figure. We could keep the second figure for the longer version, if necessary. Or we can try to submit all figures that we will have at that point of submission and let them choose.
                                Agree, it is good to have everything now.
                                Marco

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                                  by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                                  02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
                                0 responses