Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member with Trimmomatic questions

Hello, I would like to start off by saying hello to all and thank you so much for providing such indepth support. I have done some scouring on this site and am impressed with some of the resolutions members are able to provide.

That being said I am trying to us trimmomatic 0.36 to trim the output from the first step in the CROPS pipeline. I am doing this instead of using the CROPS script itself because I am using Platform LSF and trimmomatic 0.36 is available.

Trimmomatic is telling me "Sequence and quality length don't match". I am not sure what would be causing this as I am using unmodified files from step 1 of CROPS.

This is the .err file I am getting from the mainframe and wonder if anyone has an idea on what the issue could be?

Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx512m
    TrimmomaticSE: Started with arguments:
    -phred33 /nethome/j.fiorentino3/GBS_Data/HFM7HBBXX/parsed/HFM7HBBXXCTGC_001.R1parsed.fastq.gz /nethome/j.fiorentino3/GBS_Data/HFM7HBBXX/parsed/HFM7HBBXXCTGC.trimmed.fq.gz ILLUMINACLIP:TruSeq3-SE.fa:2:30:10 LEADING:20 TRAILING:20 SLIDINGWINDOW:4:20 MINLEN:36
    Automatically using 1 threads
    Using Long Clipping Sequence: 'AGATCGGAAGAGCGTCGTGTAGGGAAAGAGTGTA'
    Using Long Clipping Sequence: 'AGATCGGAAGAGCACACGTCTGAACTCCAGTCAC'
    ILLUMINACLIP: Using 0 prefix pairs, 2 forward/reverse sequences, 0 forward only sequences, 0 reverse only sequences
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Sequence and quality length don't match: 'AATGGAGGGTGCTCAGCAAACACATAAACACACAACCATGTCCCATCAGCCTCCTGGAATGGTAGTGATCTAGATTATTGTGAGACAAAG' vs 'JJAFJFJJFJFFJJFJJJJFJFJJ77FAFJJFJJJJJFFJA<<FJA<FA-AF7FAFJJJAFJJAAJJF<AJJ7A'
    at org.usadellab.trimmomatic.fastq.FastqRecord.<init>(FastqRecord.java:25)
    at org.usadellab.trimmomatic.fastq.FastqParser.parseOne(FastqParser.java:89)
    at org.usadellab.trimmomatic.fastq.FastqParser.next(FastqParser.java:179)
    at org.usadellab.trimmomatic.TrimmomaticSE.processSingleThreaded(TrimmomaticSE.java:60)
    at org.usadellab.trimmomatic.TrimmomaticSE.process(TrimmomaticSE.java:222)
    at org.usadellab.trimmomatic.TrimmomaticSE.run(TrimmomaticSE.java:306)
    at org.usadellab.trimmomatic.Trimmomatic.main(Trimmomatic.java:85)

You appear to have one read (at least) where the sequence length does not match the quality score line length (corrupt fastg record). You can do something like
    Code:
     $ grep -A 3 "AATGGAGGGTGCTCAGCAAACACATAAACACACAACCATGTCCCATCAGCCTCCTGGAATGGTAGTGATCTAGATTATTGTG" your_file
    and examine that record for corruption.

Comment

Hi,

In line with questions by new users of Trimmomatic, I was wondering what "Using Long Clipping Sequence" means? Appreciate help in understanding this.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
      • seqadmin
        The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
        by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
        02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
      0 responses