This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone,
    I'm a Sajan Raju from India, working as Bioinformatician. Analyzing metagenomics sequence data from 454 titanium FLX platform. Also analyzing a complete genome of pseudomnas strain....

Cheers!

Comment

• Hello there,

I'm from Brazil and I'm currently working on a de novo assembly of a rat transcriptome. My data was obtained using a Solid sequencer and the we used BioScope to make the alignment and we're trying to use cufflinks to estimate the transcripts and FPKM. So far we managed to run cufflinks doing a reference-based run and we obtained fairly good results. But when I tried the de novo way I had all sorts of issues, which is what brought me here.

I hope I find my answers and contribute with whatever I can to the community.

Best regards

Comment

• Hey all,
        I have decide that I need to become more aware of what/ how other people are analyzing seqeuncing data. So far I have been developing approaches to deal with RNA-seq, Exome reseqeuncing, CHIP-seq and Transposon Insertion mapping for a number of labs a the University of minnesota. Google searching on the various problems I have enocountered using the open source tools has led me to this forum on multiple occasions so i hope to get involved as it seems to be a needed and useful resource.

Aaron

Comment

• Hello all,
          My name's Carmine, based in a University in southern Italy, I have no experience in NGS. I am a plant systematist interested in phylogeny, particularly of bryophytes, I have experience in Sanger sequencing of nuclear and cpDNAs. I am wondering if NGS would be a cheaper option to Sanger sequencing for my type of work.
          Regards.
          Carmine

Comment

• Hi!

I am a statistician and bioinformatics masters student working on de novo sequencing data of a bacterium. The data I've been working on was generated using a 454 system. I hope I can cope with the data. Genomic data is fascinatingly complex, simply unputdownable

Comment

• Hallo, I am new in the forum.
              I am working as a Postdoc in Germany but I soon will start working for a breeding company. I am interested in the new genotyping platforms and I hope to get good advice :-) !

Comment

• Hi, All:

I have been in this next gen business for a few years and also for work a company for a living. However, I won't represent anything but myself here. Like to have great knowledge exchange with everyone here.

--seqnextgen

Comment

• Hi all,
                  Myself Inam, from India. I am involved with a group working on plant molecular biology. Came across this forum, liked it a lot. I will mostly be working on SOLiD data analysis.
                  Cheers,
                  Inam

Comment

• Hi, I'm a postdoc at MBL, Woods Hole, MA, USA. I'm working with an Illumina HiSeq, planning to do transcriptomics. I've already found lots of helpful information here and will continue to use this site.

Comment

• Hello,
                      I am a graduate student at the University of Maryland. I am interested in the regulation of alternative splicing (and other aspects of PTR) during development. To this end I am working on de novo transcriptome assembly.

The lab I am working in does not have a lot of sequencing/bioinfromatics experience and I have already found this forum quite helpful.

I have just completed my first Illumina GAII deepseq run, and assembled my sequences using Trinity. Now I am trying to make sense of all the data...

Comment

• Hello all, I am just looking to learn and ask questions. Thanks!
                        www.idtdna.com
                        [email protected]

Comment

• Hei colleagues,
                          I am a Phd student at University of Oslo and I am desperately trying to get my head around NGS data analyses. I am working with an important pathogen of European salmon. I have little knowledge in Bioinformatics, but I hope I can improve my skills rapidly..
                          I am looking forward to having a lot of fruitful discussions!!!
                          cheers,
                          Christoph

Comment

• hello

hello,

i'm new to seqanswers and just wanted to say hello. i work in the bioinformatics core at the wadsworth center in albany, ny. we just purchased an ion torrent pgm and are bringing it online.

i also work with ngs data from various platforms that PIs from here get from external sequencing centers. i will be posting my first question soon...

thanks,
                            mike

Comment

• Hello everyone,

I'm a mature phd student, just dipping my toes into RNA-seq - I'm currently waiting for some wild samples that I collected on fieldwork to be sequenced so I'm reading up on analysis techniques. This place is such a great knowledge base, thanks to all the contributors!

Cheers,
                              beans

Comment

• Hello from Spiral Genetics

Hello,

I'm a co-founder of a young start up called Spiral Genetics. We just launched the first version of our DNA analysis platform a few days ago and we are looking for feedback from the research community. Spiral's platform offers significant speed advantages allowing researchers to analyze whole genome datasets in 5 hours or less. We currently support alignment to reference with BWA and Bowtie, as well as SNP detection and annotation. Any comments or feedback that you have would be very helpful!

The first version of our software has a command line interface and the web-base user interface is on its way. My goal is to have an active dialogue with the seqanswers community so I can build a platform that solves some of the most computationally intensive data analysis problems in next-gen sequencing.

Thanks!
                                Adina Mangubat

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                                  by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                                  02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
                                0 responses