No announcement yet.
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to say say hello. Ex-physicist now working in bioinformatics and spending lots of time these days looking at next-generation sequencing data. More about me and what I do at: http://www.pyrodigm.com

pyrodigm

Comment

Hi to all

Hi the Community,

I am new to this community and am ready to do my Illumina sequencing project. Very excited. M

Comment

Hi,

I am a PhD student sequencing the transcriptome of a parasitic nematode using 454. Later on I will be doing digital transcriptomics (gene expression) using solexa.

Cheers,
        Emanuel

Comment

Hi Folks,
          First message here. I am a postdoc in Computational Biology. My tasks in the lab involve the analysis of a large number of sequencing libraries (~100 for the moment) , both Solexa and SOLiD.
          Thanks to everybody involved in the Seqanswers effort, it's a great tool for the community.

Comment

Collecting sequence centres in Europe

Hi folks,

Apparently some things run in parallel here. My name is Terry, I am based in Nijmegen, the Netherlands, and on behalf of a consortium called gEUvadis I am trying to get an overview of sequencing capacity in Europe. I saw the google maps-plugin, which is really nice! Could we try and update it, with contacts and everything included?

BTW, I am a genetics Ph.D. student, working on copy number variation in psychiatric disorders.

Comment

hello everyone,
              I am vani from Netherlands. I've just started working with solexa short read sequence for identification of SNPs and I will do further data analysis.....And glad to meet you all here. I hope help others and get help.

Best wishes!

Comment

Hi every body, I'm a Ph.D student from China and majoy in Bioinformatics new, I was very interested in Comparative genomics, and take Brassica species as my study model.

Comment

Differential expression

Hi all,

I am from South Africa, working on differential gene expression in abalone. We sequenced with Illumina an I am trying some of the analyses in CLC genomics at the moment. Anyone else with comments on the statisical analysis tools in CLC, please share, as well as any relevant literature.

Thanks,

Mathilde

Comment

G'day

Hello All,
                    I am working in Melbourne. we have been using 454 GS20 FLX and now Titanium for WGS of bacteria and fungi, and for metagenomics. We are about to do some Illumina work.

Comment

Hi all,
                      I work at Geospiza on their Genesifter Lab Edition (formally Finch Lab) LIMS software for both Sanger and NextGen labs, and recently I've been getting more into the analysis side of things. As a developer I don't get to go out to the labs and see how people are actually using the software, so it's nice to hear what people are doing and what problems they've run into. I look forward to talking with you all.

Cheers,
                      Eric Hobbs

Comment

Introduction

Hello,
                        I'm a researcher working in West Lafayette, IN. We are using the Illumina/Solexa platform to perform comparative mammalian genomics. Our lab is a molecular bio lab as well as a bioinformatics lab.

Comment

Hi,

I work at the Academic Medical Center in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. I work for the Bioinformatics group and started working with nextgen sequencing end 2007 (454). I work together with the central sequencing facility and different labs of the AMC. The sequencing facility has a Roche and a Solid machine. The first Solid data will come soon. A wide range of experiments have run on the Roche machine. SNP analysis, meta genomics, variant detection+expression and whole genome sequencing for instance. I work together with researchers from several labs to address the questions that can not be solved with current software packages. Happy to meet you here.

Cheers,
                          Barbera

Comment

Hello! I'm specifically interested in cancer genomics (I work at a oncology drug developer) -- & sometimes ponder next-gen topics on my blog, Omics! Omics! since I find pretty much all of it fascinating.

Comment

Based near Boston I lead an interdisciplinary team of computational biologists, computer scientists and web developers creating a scalable platform for managing and mining sequence data.

I am a trained computer scientist and have spent 25 years in commercial software businesses, the last 10 years dedicated to the life science domain.

Comment

Howdy from Texas A&M University!

My name is Alan and I am a faculty member/biologist. We have a couple GAIIs and working on a 454. I have learned a great deal already from this forum!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                                  by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                                  02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
                                0 responses