No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowtie2 for windows

hiii all
    if anyone can help me with the installation, parameter requirement for bowtie2 as am really very new to it and using for the very first time so need detailed guidance. i tried it on my own for so many times but m failed to run it.
    regards

What are you trying to do?
    If you see examples

You would be able to get a hold of commands.
    Bioinformaticscally calm

Comment

Bowtie2

Actually i have just started with Bowtie2, i need to work with it for my data analysis i.e. alignments etc but first i need to learn it by running the examples etc. i downloaded bowtie2 from sourceforge site..but after installation now i cant run it..like where to start from???

Comment

Did you check the url pasted above?

It says:

Building from source
        Building Bowtie 2 from source requires a GNU-like environment with GCC, GNU Make and other basics. It should be possible to build Bowtie 2 on most vanilla Linux installations or on a Mac installation with Xcode installed. Bowtie 2 can also be built on Windows using Cygwin or MinGW (MinGW recommended). If building with MinGW, first install MinGW and MSYS, the zlib library, and the pthreads library. You may also need the GnuWin32 core and other utilities to drive the build process.
        You should get a unix like environment.
        Bioinformaticscally calm

Comment

Thank you so much for your reply.
          i have just installed the cygwin setup (linux environment on windows)...now whats next?.If you can please guide me through all steps so that i can follow them accordingly.
          Regards

Comment

initially i did it with MinGW, and installed MinGW and MSYS, but need help in the zlib library, and the pthreads library. how to get them and use them?.

Comment

Check if you have installed g++
              Please search how to install bowtie2, navigate to the top of the url I had pasted..
              Bioinformaticscally calm

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
              • seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
              0 responses