Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching tool to convert MACS output (chr + coordinates) into genomic feature

Hi I'm curating a database and I'm having trouble with a paper with ChIP-seq raw data. I have the MACS output for peak calling and the corresponding "target genes", but I'm only interested in peaks that fall within gene promoters, and that is not indicated. Is there a tool that, when I use the full MACS output, or only the chromosome / start / end columns, tells me where that sequence interval falls?

Please help!

The format is like this:

chr start end length summit tags -10*log10(pvalue) fold_enrichment FDR(%)
    chr01.fs 20885 20948 64 31 28 76.41 5.85 52.94
    chr01.fs 62827 62973 147 83 55 61.56 3.14 68.85

You're basically looking to do peak annotation. I've used Homer (http://biowhat.ucsd.edu/homer/ngs/annotation.html) in the past, but I'm sure other options exist.

Comment

Hi,

Package ChIPpeakAnno of Bioconductor could help you lo locate your peaks along the genome,

The package includes functions to retrieve the sequences around the peak, obtain enriched Gene Ontology (GO) terms, find the nearest gene, exon, miRNA or custom features such as most conserved elements and other transcription factor binding sites supplied by users. Starting 2.0.5, new functions have been added for finding the peaks with bi-directional promoters with summary statistics (peaksNearBDP), for summarizing the occurrence of motifs in peaks (summarizePatternInPeaks) and for adding other IDs to annotated peaks or enrichedGO (addGeneIDs). This package leverages the biomaRt, IRanges, Biostrings, BSgenome, GO.db, multtest and stat packages.

or you could just use http://nebula.curie.fr/root and annotate your peak list,

Paolo

Comment

Homer error

Originally posted by charlesli View Post
        You're basically looking to do peak annotation. I've used Homer (http://biowhat.ucsd.edu/homer/ngs/annotation.html) in the past, but I'm sure other options exist.
        When you use Homer, did you meet this problem?

Preparing HTML output with sequence logos...
        1 of 215 (1e-395) Foxa2(Forkhead)/Liver-Foxa2-ChIP-Seq/Homer
        ESP Ghostscript 815.02: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
        2 of 215 (1e-341) FOXA1(Forkhead)/LNCAP-FOXA1-ChIP-Seq/Homer

The error does not happen every time just sometimes. Do you know what is happened to it? Thanks a lot!

Comment

Homer error

Did you use Homer for motif analysis?

For motif analysis using by Homer, did you get this error?

The error does not happen every time just sometimes. Do you know what is happened to it? Thanks a lot!

Comment

Homer

Did you use Homer for motif analysis?

I got a problem when I use homer for motif analysis. Do you know what is happened to it? Thanks a lot!

The error does not happen every time just sometimes.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
              by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
              04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
            • seqadmin
              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
            0 responses