No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no detectable RNA after rRNA depletion

Hi all,

I am working with bacterial RNAseq, and like for many others, the discontinuation of Ribo zero made my life a bit more challenging.

I have been testing an alternative from siTOOLS, called riboPOOLS, but so far I haven't been lucky with it. They are using the oligo method with dynabeads, similar to Ribo zero.

My input RNA is around 2-4 µg, within the range that they require. And I follow every step in the protocol, correctly. However, I am having 0 RNA after the depletion. I tried to measure with Quibit HS RNA assay and Bioanalyzer pico chip, and there is nothing left there.

Before depletion, I can see small and mRNAs from the Bioanalyzer results, but they are gone after the depletion.
    I heard about very low concentration of mRNA after rRNA depletion, which makes sense due to the high abundance of rRNA, but I am having 0 mRNA or sRNA after the depletion.

I also did a control experiment, where I lowered the concentration of the oligos they suggest, and after that depletion, I had RNA outcome. This convinces me that I am not making a mistake in the protocol.

Has anyone experienced such a thing? Maybe with the Ribo zero before?

Cheers,
    Greta

Hello,

were you able to solve this? I have heard positive news about the pan-prokaryotic kit from the university sequencing center here, and I would be interested in using a combination riboPOOL.

Cheers

Comment

RiboFree total RNA-seq library prep from Zymo Research looks good on paper and does not require species specific depletion step but I have not tried yet:

https://www.zymoresearch.com/product...na-library-kit

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses