SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Epigenetics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Changing Tophat 5' and 3' splice-signal criteria GiladZil RNA Sequencing 1 04-10-2013 03:52 PM
RNA-seq - no G signal? teets.23 Illumina/Solexa 4 09-23-2011 07:01 AM
dspchip: a digital signal processing approach to chip-seq analysis dawe Bioinformatics 0 02-16-2011 09:27 AM
library: control signal ratio gallus 454 Pyrosequencing 2 08-11-2010 05:02 AM
OTF Ti signal processing engencore 454 Pyrosequencing 3 10-12-2009 07:56 AM

Old 06-08-2011, 08:43 AM   #1
__sequence

Default 10 Mb signal-free region in mouse chromosomes

Hi all,

I am doing chromatin Chip-Seq, which should in principle give a more or less homogeneous distribution of mapped reads along the genome (OK, there are small changes, which are the aim of the study, but in general all genomic regions should be populated by the mapped reads). However, for some reason I always get about 10 MB region to which no reads are aligned. I tried both no mismatches and one mismatch when analysing the data, and it's still the same. In both cases only unique matches are allowed. Is there some biology behind this, e.g. that there is a region of repetitive sequences, once per chromosome, that can not be mapped? I can see at the genome browser that this region is not a centromere, and there are even known genes in it. What could be wrong? Or may be it should be like this?

Thank you!
__sequence is offline   Reply With Quote