SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > General

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does standalone Blat can take multiple chromosome in one command line, find matches? ketan_bnf Bioinformatics 2 06-07-2012 12:12 AM
Missing V600E mutation in WES of A375 cell line? Samtools problem? angerusso Bioinformatics 15 02-19-2012 05:02 PM
Request for sequencing a whole chromosome cell line Iredc27 Illumina/Solexa 1 10-06-2011 01:49 AM
Need Reference Annotation for MCF-7 Cell Line Transcripts AndrewCarpenter Bioinformatics 0 07-20-2010 06:52 AM
MCF-7 Cell Line Transcript Reference Annotation Needed AndrewCarpenter De novo discovery 0 07-19-2010 08:18 AM

Old 10-05-2011, 04:06 AM   #1
Iredc27

Wink Request for sequencing a whole chromosome cell line

Hi to everyone, i need your help!
I am currently working in Cytogenetics in a lab located in Montevideo (Uruguay), and i am working with a mouse cell line. I am able to identify each chromosome of this cell line, based on its unique pattern of dark and light bands. I am interested in studying the sequence of the chromosome's pair 1. Through Chromosome microdissection I physically removes the complete chromosome of pair 1 from the slide. Then i procedure to make multiple copies of the isolated Chromosome using Sigma GenomePlex Single Cell Whole Amplification Kit, that work in three step 1)fragment the chromosome dna, 2)prepare a DNA library, 3)amplification of the DNA fragment
I need to sequence the whole chromosome, but in Montevideo, we don not account even with this new and incredible technology in sequencing DNA.
I was wonderng if this amplified sample of the entire chromosome (explaind before) would work if i send it to sequence with Illumina Hiseq2000 for example?

Which other things i have to take into consideration?

I really appreciate any response, criticisms or recommendations

Ire
Old 10-05-2011, 08:52 AM   #2
Joann

Default use the seqencing center map

Why don't you try the SeqWiki map of service providers?

http://pathogenomics.bham.ac.uk/hts/
Joann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
Iredc27

Thanks Joann!