SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MeDIP-seq peak calling (with replicates) dpryan Bioinformatics 5 10-20-2014 09:09 AM
Biological replicates for RNA-seq vpp605 RNA Sequencing 15 08-29-2014 04:30 AM
ChIP-seq peak calling from replicates ttnguyen Bioinformatics 4 08-10-2011 01:21 AM
ChIP-Seq: PeakRanger: A cloud-enabled peak caller for ChIP-seq data. Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 05-11-2011 03:40 AM
ChIP-Seq Biological Replicates LouDore General 0 08-11-2009 11:35 AM

Old 10-05-2012, 05:37 AM   #1
AnnaE

Default ChIP-seq peak caller that handles biological replicates

Hi guys,

I'm quite new to the field and trying to find my way around all available resources is a challenge so I'm asking for some advice here.

I've preformed ChIP-seq for a transcription factor (thus expecting "narrow" peaks) in biological triplicates complete with input controls.

To analyze my data I would like a peak caller that can make use of the biological replicates, is there one out there?

I know I can run each replicate separate and overlap common peaks but if there is software that can make use of the replicates and turn it into statistics I'd prefer that option.

Best regards,

Anna
AnnaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:09 AM   #2
dariober

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaE View Post
Hi guys,

I'm quite new to the field and trying to find my way around all available resources is a challenge so I'm asking for some advice here.

I've preformed ChIP-seq for a transcription factor (thus expecting "narrow" peaks) in biological triplicates complete with input controls.

To analyze my data I would like a peak caller that can make use of the biological replicates, is there one out there?

I know I can run each replicate separate and overlap common peaks but if there is software that can make use of the replicates and turn it into statistics I'd prefer that option.

Best regards,

Anna
Hi Anna,

It seems what you are looking at is something like the Bioconductor package DiffBind http://www.bioconductor.org/packages.../DiffBind.html

So you your workflow could be:
- For each library, align reads to your reference genome
- Call peaks separately for each library (using he input control) using your favourite peak caller (e.g. macs)
- Pass aligned reads (bam files) and peak sets to DiffBind for differential binding analysis making use of biological replicates

Hope this is what you are after...

All the best
Dario
dariober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:19 AM   #3
mudshark

i think CisGenome (www.biostat.jhsph.edu/~hji/cisgenome/) can do exactly what you want.
mudshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:13 AM   #4
AnnaE

Thanks for taking the time to answer, I appreciate it!

@Mudshark: Thanks, that looks very interesting indeed. I'll be trying it out for sure!

@dariober: At this stage I'm not looking for differential binding, I only have ChIP-seq from one condition so what I want is TF binding map so to speak.

Best regards!
Anna
AnnaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:11 AM   #5
jbrwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaE View Post
Thanks for taking the time to answer, I appreciate it!

@Mudshark: Thanks, that looks very interesting indeed. I'll be trying it out for sure!

@dariober: At this stage I'm not looking for differential binding, I only have ChIP-seq from one condition so what I want is TF binding map so to speak.

Best regards!
Anna
diffbind was suggested because if you were to use something like macs to call peaks, it would not take biological replicates into consideration. after calling peaks in macs, you would use diffbind to perform the overlapping of the peaks to find peaks called in all biological replicates. similar work could also easily be done using bedtools intersect.

edit: or just use cisgenome as was suggested.
jbrwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:04 AM   #6
qtrinh

Hi,
You can also try IDR:

https://sites.google.com/site/anshul...e/projects/idr

Q
qtrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 12:49 PM   #7
troublezhang

Hi, for replicated ChIP-Seq data, you could try running PePr (https://ones.ccmb.med.umich.edu/wiki/PePr/).
troublezhang is offline   Reply With Quote