SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Sanger/Dye Terminator

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BLASTP problems heculase Bioinformatics 3 04-21-2014 07:36 AM
Hi-Di Formamide accidentally added to sequencing rxn mix FredTam1 Sanger/Dye Terminator 2 04-05-2014 01:44 PM
some problems about Bambus2 Yue Xu Bioinformatics 0 10-15-2013 01:37 AM
Freebayes 0.9.9 problems newbietonextgen Bioinformatics 1 06-14-2013 05:19 AM
Anyone have enrichment problems? Ryanloop 454 Pyrosequencing 1 07-27-2012 03:59 PM

Old 10-08-2014, 03:53 AM   #1
Psuedomonas

Exclamation Formamide problems?

I've accidentally added formamide to my mixture before PCR (tube contained template, primer, polymerase...) I had mistakenly grabbed a tube of formamide instead of my BigDye buffer and added that to my mix, which I was then going to put through PCR and then Sanger Sequence on an ABI 3730.

I'm interested to know what would happen if I was to PCR this formamide-containing mix, and if I would get a sequence, a formamide profile, or a failed reaction?

(My guess is that a formamide profile would appear after Sanger as it would inhibit annealing to ssDNA during PCR?)

Some of the literature I've seen appears to say that formamide helps sequence GC rich templates, but in general, has anyone had this happen to them? Does anyone know what a formamide "contaminated" sequence looks like?

I'm really worried as I really don't have a lot of this template and it took quite an effort to get my plasmids.
Psuedomonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 04:24 AM   #2
nucacidhunter
Jafar Jabbari

You can add water to your miss-assembled reaction to total of 300 ul and clean it with a PCR clean up column and set up a correcr sequencing reaction.
nucacidhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 04:38 AM   #3
Psuedomonas

Ah, but hypothetically what would happen if one were to sequence that? Would that actually produce sequence?
Psuedomonas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3730, formamide, pcr, sanger