SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem calling consensus sequence with Samtools mpileup? Lspoor Bioinformatics 3 10-24-2011 08:43 AM
how to use samtools to get consensus sequence? f0415007 Bioinformatics 1 09-26-2011 11:59 PM
Generate consensus sequence from BAM alignment Adam Witney General 2 09-14-2011 03:49 AM
Help needed to generate Consensus from alignment sarbashis Illumina/Solexa 0 08-10-2011 10:58 PM
Why are there all these As in my consensus sequence: An issue with samtools pileup dagarfield Bioinformatics 3 02-03-2011 11:14 AM

Old 10-05-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
Heisman

Default Generate consensus sequence with Samtools mpileup?

Hey all,

I have been unable to do this. When running the two lines of code shown here at the top (http://samtools.sourceforge.net/mpileup.shtml) it states that -u is an illegal option. This is with version 1.18. Has anybody else experienced this or do any of you have a way to generate the consensus sequence?
Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:30 PM   #2
Heisman

Nevermind, we got it to work with this:

./samtools mpileup -uf /<reference_seq.fa> <aligned_file.bam> | /samtools-0.1.18/bcftools/bcftools view -bcg - > <intermediate.bcf>

/samtools-0.1.18/bcftools/bcftools view <intermediate.bcf> > output.txt
Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
MaskedMicrobiologist

Default Consensus Making

This is great! It solved the problem I've been having with a bit of resequencing. Do you know of any way to turn this into fasta format, or is there a better execution of this?

I'm trying to use this to close some mispairings in my genome, using Bowtie, followed by this. It's removed all of my "N's", but now I need to write it out to fasta.

Thanks
MaskedMicrobiologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #4
krobison

See previous thread http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11536
krobison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #5
ahudel

I've just gotten the hang of the Tuxedo pipeline, but I'm new to samtools. Right now I have a bunch of genes that were unnamed according to my annotation, but I can view the reads and their consensus for each transcript in samtools tview, after getting the genome coordinates from cummeRbund. Does anyone know of a way I can give samtools a genomic coordinate from cummeRbund and so it will give me a consensus sequence for all the reads that map to that section, even if there are multiple exons? Thanks.
ahudel is offline   Reply With Quote