No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bio-statistics for metatranscriptomic

Hi everybody,
    I am trying to identified differentially expressed (DE) genes of several bacterial metatranscriptomes.

To sum up the experimental plan. We have 2 bacterial communities (named E and U) inoculated under 3 different conditions A, B and C (reference condition). I collected both DNA and RNA from time 7 and 9 and also the experiment was performed in duplicate.
    We sequenced RNA (each 24 samples) and metagenome (from pooled of DNA of several samples).

I assembled and annotated metagenome (141 921 contigs) and use it as reference to map RNA reads with bowtie2.

I performed DESeq2 analysis on those result and I obtained a large part of DE gene. So I used edgeR to change the normalization way (I had tested TMM, RLE and upperquartile methods) and I obtained around 10 000 DE genes for each comparison of condition (AvsC BvsC and AvsB).

The problem is that I don't know what is the next step. With a small list of DE gene I would blast the sequence on NCBI and try to identified from which bacterial species, this gene came from and try to identified metabolism pathwas by hand. But with a too large number of DE gene, I don't know how to do.

Do you think that I have to find another way of normalization to reduce the number of DE gene? Or do you have any idea of software I could use to group those gene by "category" or "class" to go throught the metabolic pathway?

Thank's for your help.

Amélie

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses