Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Epigenetics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
young and old L1 subfamilies, Repeat Elements SEQond Bioinformatics 0 01-16-2013 05:26 AM
Help with converting files to BEAGLE format BW22 Bioinformatics 1 12-09-2012 06:45 PM
Conversion from bcl format to fastq files kjaja Bioinformatics 5 09-14-2011 07:13 AM
help, the SOAPsnp input files format ptong7 Bioinformatics 1 06-08-2010 11:05 AM
What does NS:i:1 means in the .sam format files? Gangcai Bioinformatics 2 04-20-2010 10:51 AM

Old 01-14-2014, 03:07 AM   #1

Default Anyone has experience with .ylf (young lab format) files ?

Hello guys,

I am interested in viewing the ChIP-Seq results published in GSM722170. Apart from downloading the SRA and realigning the reads (which I would like to avoid of course), there is a .ylf file for download.

It is a text file with numbers, which could possibly represent chromosomal positions (although quite many occur multiple times). But I don't have any idea, how to easily awk this into a bed file. The website of the Young lab also does not offer any converter for download.

Therfore: Has anyone ever worked with .ylf files and could possibly recommend me a way how to convert them into a more common format ?

Best regards
Thias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:56 AM   #2

I contacted the depositing scientists and recieved this answer, which I would like to post here in case someone else ever has the same problem:

The YLF files contain the 5' position of mapped reads. Unfortunately, we have retired the computational pipeline that uses .ylf files and do not have any converter code. [...]. SRA files should allow read mapping and downstream analysis. Thanks for your interest in our data.
Thias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 07:32 AM   #3

thanks man...googling led me here! ...just the question i was seeking
afiseha is offline   Reply With Quote