SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Epigenetics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Up-to-date expert knowledge is the key to generating impactful biological insights ecSeq Bioinformatics Clinical Sequencing 0 07-31-2015 06:58 AM

Old 03-18-2016, 06:22 AM   #1
daino3z

Default Examples of biological and maybe translational knowledge built with ChIP-seq?

I am involved in the microfluidic implementation of ChIP-seq. Of course, I have general understanding of the basic questions that chip-seq can answer, i.e. genome-wide occupancy of a given protein. However, given the long trial-error loops and long time spent on methodological details, little time remains for me to address the question in the title thoroughly.

Therefore I would like to ask you if you might be aware of notable examples in which ChIP-seq has actually been used not only to pinpoint protein occupancy genome-wide but also if this kind of information has been actually used to understand how genes are regulated by these proteins or, even better, if this information has been already translated to application like for example synthetic biology, genome engineering or even medicine.

Thank you in advance for your time.

What are the most notable examples of biological and maybe translational knowledge that has been built using ChIP-seq?

Last edited by daino3z; 03-18-2016 at 06:25 AM.
daino3z is offline   Reply With Quote